Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blue Grille Cloth - AKA Zilch Cloth

Your speakers left me with 2 pairs of grilles, one pair blue, one pair black. No telling where the second pair went. Black does look real good against walnut. Even though Navy Blue is the traditional JBL Pro garb I find myself sturated with it and am always looking for something that's a change. My quasi permanent 4354's have two sets of grilles - blue on them now and maroon to change the looks once in a while. I'm looking for some original weave camel as I really like the color against walnut with strong vivid grain. Consider a second pair of grilles instead of just changing the color. Once you go black you might want to come back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by saeman View Post
    Your speakers left me with 2 pairs of grilles, one pair blue, one pair black. No telling where the second pair went.
    I'm currently using the black grilles you made, just remembering you said you weren't happy with the quality of the black cloth you had available for them at that time. I'll squirrel away more stuff I may never use. Fairly typical...or maybe do a second set in blue! Probably not.

Dave still has your other pair of grilles but he said they were Camel. He was contemplating building another pair of 4345s and using them when last we spoke. Probably still has them today.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Smile

If/ when the oder thing get doing please put me down for at least a couple yards of black and maybe brown!

Appreciate folks
    [email protected]
    Now off the reservation...
    restoring what is often considered fodder for land fill!

cloth

rick will you be getting the brown cloth. thanx brad

No plans for brown cloth, sorry. With a minimum order of 500 yards, brown would be suicide. Ordering the black was a stretch and it remains to be seen if the black too will turn out to be a mistake. It will likely be a long term investment. My salvation with black is that many other speaker manufacturers offered black and in a worse case scenario I can ebay the excess. Not as easy with brown.

wow !

These look stunning mate !

Ready

It's all here now! The black cloth came yesterday. Now it's a double size mountain of cloth. I have completed cutting the black as necessary to fill anticipated initial demands and will cut the blue later today.

To all who have sent PM's of interest, please mail me with desired color, amount and include your complete mailing address. I will mail back with total including shipping. Payment can be USPS money order, PayPal or cash for anyone in the position to pick it up personally.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, price is $15/yard. The material is pre-cut into 2 yard, 3 yard and 5 yard pieces and will be boxed in the next few days and ready to go.

When I placed large orders with Zilch (15 yards and up) he kicked in shipping. I expect to be able to do the same if anyone wants a large quantity.

Rick

clothes for my babies

just ordered 5 yards of blue plus 3 yards of black for my babies

Thanks so much Rick

and happy new year to all

Stretch?

My application is a bit oddball, hence my question.

How much stretch does the fabric have and does it stretch in both directions?. I need to have it follow a contour along the substrate.

Thanks,
    -Tom

The fabric stretches however I would not know how to quantify the amount it will stretch. It will stretch around corners and curved surfaces.

Cloth Arrived !

AWESOME ! Hello folks cloth arrived and is very nice indeed.Don't hesitate it is very nice fabric.Super fast shipping!Great Job Rick Thank You So Much now my speakers will look great again Thanks to you ! Thanks Again !

Smile Me too

Cloth got home

I have stock now for all my babies if needed

Many thanks Rick

Thread Information