Thread: Sacrilege!!!!!!!!!!!

Sacrilege!!!!!!!!!!!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/1447904390.html

How lose can one go?

This 2-way 6" bookshelf loudspeaker with MDF enclosure and Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide reproduces sound with unparalleled spaciousness and definition. The PolyPlas (polymer-coated cellulose fiber) cone woofer features traditional JBL engineering; the same technologies used in JBL's Professional equipment that can be found in stadiums, music halls and movie theaters around the world. Shielded components allow placement near video monitors. High-temperature, oversized Kapton® voice coil and HeatScape motor structure allow these speakers to effortlessly play all types of movies and music. The woofers are built on cast-aluminum frames, which reduce distortion and increase power-handling capability. A low-diffraction IsoPower baffle directs the sound power into the room, reducing distortion caused by cabinet vibration.The lock-mitred, computer-designed enclosure requires no bracing. The FreeFlow flared port increases bass response without adding unwanted port noise.

RIGGED

Bose Suckz

Well, I've always been JBL only; and have bought 15 sets of JBL Decades >Control Monitors>L100T's

but given eBay about two years ago; I ended up buying a set of Bose 201's for like 45$ plus shipping. (The set was in exceptional shape to look at).
    What a lame design!

I ended up rebuilding the guts with real Dayton speakers and x-overs from parts express.

However the woofer had this tiny little magnet, and the tweeters were worse; they couldn't have weighed more than 1/2 oz, not the magnet! the entire tweeter!

and the bose cross-over? a low end (linkwitz reilly?), a capacitor and a resistor; and not high end at that; I mean cheesy.

So my conclusion; which I developed admittedly years ago when I bought the first L100A's in the 70's> was that Bose is crap; always was and continues to be.

Its amazing to me that folks buy their drivel; but they sell on marketing to folks who do not listen critically.

Seriously, I remember blowing away a friends 901 set when we played a set of 4312's vs the 901's , and one of his speakers blew a couple of the drivers> and was unable to handle the power or admittedly the volume levels; which were tinnitis levels squared.

So my experience was like coming full circle, everything I ever believed about Bose=cheap/crap was true. The good thing was I sold the rebuilt (reasonable sounding) Dayton 201's to a guy who like Bose, but like Dayton Bose better; for the cost of the speakers I used from PE. I lost my 45 plus shipping.
    Naturally....
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

I still have that pair of 301's for sale, if anyone's interested in that sort of quality sound....

Bose salesman for a day....

So I received a set of Bose AMII speakers in lieu of work I performed at this dudes house a few weeks ago. So, I put them on Craigslist right away and received about 10 responses in 3 days. Anyhow, when it came time to sell them, I felt like a satanist greeting people entering Sunday mass.

Needless to say, it only took 3 minutes to seal the deal. Heck, the dude didn't even need to remove the grills he was so in love.

Ah heck, it sounded good to him so what the heck.

Funny thing, he failed to make comment on the two pairs of JBL control speakers and JBL banner in my gameroom/garage. lol

RIGGED

The only Bose I considered at one time was the 401. I did not buy them because at 400 dollars I didn't think they represented a good value. For the same money I got a pair of Polk Monitor 10B speakers that sounded way better.
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    I still have that pair of 301's for sale, if anyone's interested in that sort of quality sound....
    Let me ask my brother, how much would shipping be to 77511?

RIGGED

Quote Originally Posted by RIGGED View Post
    Let me ask my brother, how much would shipping be to 77511?

RIGGED
    Fed-Ex calculates that boxed individually shipping would be about $25, based on the specs I found online that say the shipping weight is 28 lbs.

Then again, the specs also say that they're "the gold standard in stereo audio reproduction" so maybe they're not accurate

Thread Information