Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do you time align your drivers ?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    IF your opinion was more valid regarding the design, none would have ever been sold. In fact , many have ..by Infinity, Ohm & the uber expensive German Physiks (maybe you should notify them that they don't work on vocals ?) Have you EVER heard a good working pair of Walsh drivers ? It's really strange how NONE of the reviews agree with you Ohm Walsh F Floorstanding Speakers
    4.81/5 (27 Reviews)
    http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speak...3_1594crx.aspx
    An article, by Ohm, "absolute phase" or something like that ...already knows about the "voice thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    IF your opinion was more valid regarding the design, none would have ever been sold.
    In fact , many have ..by Infinity, Ohm & the uber expensive German Physiks
    (maybe you should notify them that they don't work on vocals ?)

Have you EVER heard a good working pair of Walsh drivers ?

It's really strange how NONE of the reviews agree with you

Ohm Walsh F Floorstanding Speakers

4.81/5 (27 Reviews)

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speak...3_1594crx.aspx

I agree with him. I use to sell OHM Fs when I was in college, and they always sounded odd to me, and particularly colored on vocals. I was into IMFs back then, which are pretty good on voices. I heard the German Physics at 2014 RMAF and was not impressed. I don't even look at reviews from that site BTW. As Fat Bastard says, everybody loves their own brand, and that's all you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I agree with him. I use to sell OHM Fs when I was in college, and they always sounded odd to me, and particularly colored on vocals. I was into IMFs back then, which are pretty good on voices. I heard the German Physics at 2014 RMAF and was not impressed. I don't even look at reviews from that site BTW. As Fat Bastard says, everybody loves their own brand, and that's all you get there.
    OK ...all those personal opinions add up to .... as for agreeing with him , he's never heard any.

the same RMAF reviews are made for top end JBL's "they sounded like crap at those shows"

as for those loving their own brand , I have plenty of complaints with "my brands" . Your post doesn't impress me.

yeah, no speaker is perfect , the problems that I have with the OHM's are very minor
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Hey 'wolf... don't take it personally, there are many opinions out there. Then there is the fact that an omnidirectional speaker is going to be affected by the room and location in that room even more than most speakers so different setups will yield very different listening experiences.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I'm sure that the 35-40 y.o. recollection is what you believe.

"As Fat Bastard says, everybody loves their own brand, and that's all you get there" .

OK , then let's see what non-owners say ....(OBTW , JH was considered one of the top reviewers in his days at SR) ..pick up at "COMMENT"
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I always came away from large Ohm (with large amp) demos with a smile
    (the smaller ones, not so much), but I've never lived with them
    so room or recording may have highlighted their strengths.

I'd be proud of them too, especially considering the deal you got on those "F-ers".

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Share the pictures -everyone would like to see!
    This is the final upgrade. I tore off the ash veneer, as it not survive the long ocean trip. Sick of looking at it anyway after 12 years.What you see now is what I call elephant skin vinyl, 1/16" thick.The vinyl is one continual piece, with the seam on the back.I also rounded the edges on the sides/tops.And new wood doughnuts (for the 052Ti) that fit into the baffle...no nails, no glue...just fiction of a tight fit.Name:  SAM_0004 - Version 2.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  307.3 KBName:  SAM_0014.JPG
Views: 806
Size:  290.7 KBName:  SAM_0009.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  44.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Thread Information