Thread: Grill Pins for L26

Grill Pins for L26

I recently got a pair of L26's and someone in the past has butchered or defaced the front of one of the cabinettes by affixing a non-JBL grille to one of these. In doing so they have cut the original grille pins off.

I want to restore and reveneer the units and to do this I need a set of grille pins. Are these still available, does anyone have the part number?

nitewatchman

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatchman View Post
    I recently got a pair of L26's and someone in the past has butchered or defaced the front of one of the cabinettes by affixing a non-JBL grille to one of these. In doing so they have cut the original grille pins off.

I want to restore and reveneer the units and to do this I need a set of grille pins. Are these still available, does anyone have the part number?

nitewatchman
    They are available from ebay vendor sign--shop. I got some from him for my L26s and for my B380 - all you need to do is decide if you want black or white pins
    I don't see any for sale from him at the moment, but email him and he can probably help - http://myworld.ebay.com/sign--shop/
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I assume you're looking for the posts that mount the grilles to the baffle, not the "pins" that say "JBL" that go on the grilles. I don't think they're available these days from JBL. I got a set a year-or-so ago from LH-member Rudy Timmerman. He goes by RJTimmerman here and you can PM him through this site or email him at this address: [email protected]

He makes them in both black and white. They're not cheap but they're not cheap to make or cheaply made, either. Here's a recent listing for his pegs on Epay: http://ebayitem.com/250506499170

Edit: I see Heather gave you the same lead. Same guy!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks for the lead thats exactly what I had in mind.

nitewatchman

Thread Information