Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac SS vintage amps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I remember reading in Stereo Review or High Fidelity magazine where someone's home had been broken into and while the TV was stolen, the stereo was not because the amps and speakers weighed so much.

Nice looking MC2300... I have coveted them ever since seeing one back in the early '70s. I must admit that in later years when acquiring one was possible I did pass due to the weight though.

Widget
    Get the Mac to enjoy and pay someone to move it on the rare occassions that it needs moving.

Quote Originally Posted by midlife View Post
    Get the Mac to enjoy and pay someone to move it on the rare occassions that it needs moving.
    Name:  66243902-C3-D6-4336-AB4-F-7-AA59-EF4-F29-C.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  88.8 KB

"So come on wheels take me home today
    Come on wheels take this boy away"

McIntosh.. IMO, they're the SubZero of the audio world. Never heard one, just as I've never had a SubZero chill my perishables. Perhaps I'd subscribe to their Kool-Aid after a taste. Until then, I'll remain skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    McIntosh.. IMO, they're the SubZero of the audio world. Never heard one, just as I've never had a SubZero chill my perishables. Perhaps I'd subscribe to their Kool-Aid after a taste. Until then, I'll remain skeptical.
    Funny, people say the same thing with the same amount of experience as you have with McIntosh about JBL. People with opinions on things they have never tried. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by saberger1 View Post
    Funny, people say the same thing with the same amount of experience as you have with McIntosh about JBL. People with opinions on things they have never tried. Cool!
    Hey, my Kenmore keeps my beer nice and cold just as my Adcom GFA- 555II's please my ears while driving my XPL200's. Why pay more to achieve a similar result? As I said with my first post, I'm open to taking a sip of the McIntosh Kool-aid to see if it's to my liking. Can I borrow yours?

Thread Information