Not sure if this is the best place to post this, or if it should go under consumer amp, please move if needed.

I have been powering the speakers in my avatar using a trends TA-10 for the top (2450 + 2405) and a HK Citation 22 for the bottom (2235H) for a couple of years now, with an active XO, and feeling the results to be quite decent, even if the bottom end wasn't the most extended. Last week, my Citation 22 (it's a 200W/channel amp) decided to give up, and had to be 'retired' from the system. I replaced it with the only thing I have available right now, an Aurexx crystal amp (see http://www.arexx.com/arexx.php?cmd=goto&cparam=p_aurexx ), a beastly 3.5W/ch single ended EL84 based amp. Quite to my surprise, the final result is a LOT more enjoyable from a musical perspective than with the Citation 22... And the low end is even quite decent, it sounds deeper, but less controlled (I have a smallish room, so even with orchestral music the little crystal does not fall apart on complex/loud passages). OK, I knew all along that the Citation wasn't a stellar performer, but I wasn't prepared to such a change...

I had started to look out for a replacement amp similar to the Citation 22, a higher power SS affair or something like the new bel Canto or Rotel 'digital' amps, but now I am really hesitant. I would like to find something that will maintain the higher musicality I'm currently enjoying with the lil' crystall but with a tighter grip on the 2235 (and within acceptable budget of less than 2000 euros if possible).

Any suggestions here from people who would have gone the same way? should I rather look out for a lower power full class A SS type amp, I think that even second hand it would be difficult to find a good single end higher power tube amp within my budget (845 based?)... Now I'm confused....

Thanks