Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4344

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    pages 17 to 21
    Dear friend
    i would like to thank you very much for the pdf you have sent to me.

They will help me a lot in the buiding on the 4344.

If you have any other idea about that, i m waiting more.
    Kind regard.

Francis

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello frablake

If I were building up a pair if 4344 I would not go with the stock driver layout. I would go with an inline driver alignment for the 2235, 2122 and the 2425 and keep the 2405 on the side of the lense. I would also offset the woofer in the cabinet and not have it centered like the original cabinet. I would also build the grilles to be set up for a flush baffle and not build the overhangs to help minimize diffraction. I would also relocate the reflex vents away from the midrange driver for the same reason.

Depending upon what midrange drivers I could get I would consider the 4344Mk 2 crossover if the 2123 was my only option. As far as a crossover the alternates posted in Ian’s Linked posts worked out very well. The stock crossovers cannot be built because the original tapped inductors are not available.

I would get driver cores if possible and have fresh re-cones done all around. That way you have a clean slate and a factory fresh driver set. The 2235 can be 2225’s as an example and there are multiple cores for the 2122’s and well.

Some things to also consider are a Charge Coupled network and Aguaplased diaphragms for the 2425’s.

Rob
    Hello Robh

I am very interesting by your answear.
    But , really i have no idea about that!

Frablake

"I could be arguing in my spare time"

4344 Drawings

Sorry, I haven't been around here lately. I got a mail from Earl K regarding broken links for the 4344 drawings. I have changed server a couple of times, and for some reason these files didn't make it.

Here are the latest revs:
    4344-Final.pdf
    4344-Network.pdf
    Foilcals.zip
    Material-Layout.zip

Mirror: Use these only if the main links are down. This server is on a much slower line.
    4344-Final.pdf
    4344-Network.pdf
    Foilcals.zip
    Material-Layout.zip

Regards
    os

Thanks os

Great Work , BTW

><

Thanks os

Great Work , BTW

><
    No kidding
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

This may be redundant but I uploaded the huge 4344 plans to media fire for anyone to download. This is a 39 mb file so grab a cup of coffee for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...4e75f6e8ebb871
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

45 and 4350 Plans

Hi Sir,
    you has send me 4344 plans in PDF.
    They are very good for us, because they are in meters scale, and their quality make very easy the work to prepare the cabinet.

Can i ask you if you have the same plans for 4345 ( even if they are very close to 4344) and 4350.

We have the project to build a french collection of 43XX série in Lyon, France. We wanted Theses monitors very rare in France as original as possible of the JBL's items.It is the reason why we wante to build them in 'les règles de l'art" ( in the same way as JBL build them a long time ago)
    I am able to open a new thread here, showing how our project is going on.

Kind regards

Frablake

pages 17 to 21

The 4345 plans are already on this site, you'll have to do the metric conversion work yourself.

I don't see a 4350, but there's plans for the 4355.

Yes , Sir, you'r right.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    The 4345 plans are already on this site, you'll have to do the metric conversion work yourself.

I don't see a 4350, but there's plans for the 4355.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello Jeff

You need to take a look at the vertical polars on the 2307/2308 combo. It gets really narrow at around 10K or so and the 2405 is getting really tight there as well. If you stacked them you could end up with two hot spots depending on the spacing the crossover points and listening distance.

At least this way you can set both drivers up to have them on the same listening axis. If you have listened to a 2307/2308 alone or a 2405 you will soon see that you really need to have them set-up so your ear height is on axis with them. If you don't when you do a simple stand-up sit down test you can clearly hear when you are in or out of the "window".

When I did mine I figured every single monitor that uses a slot has them next too the paired driver even the 4315 uses this configuration. Is it because of the Polars?? Who knows?? Not sure but it made sense to me to keep them that way once I tried to figure out why they were that way. All I can say is they sound just fine used that way.

Take a look at page 5

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...6021#post76021

Rob
    I was asked this question recently about the location pf the 2405?.

Some people look at the L300 (I love the look) and wonder why JBL put the 2405 beside the horn?

I agree you would intuitively think that the 2308 lens would get in the way?

Rob has provided a clear and logical answer.

When you read the 4344mk11 manual JBL recommend your ears should be inline with the bottom of the lens.

This makes sense so you in fact do hear the narrowing output of the lens / horn .

If the 2405 was top the horn at a nominal listening distance you may only be in range of the bottom half of the 2405 vertical radiation angle. making it hit and miss hearing those higher frequencies and the air and ambience it does so well.. i.e. 17.5 degrees @16 K hertz.

Thread Information