Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDEC / BSS Ok, But what is simular to DACS ?

also if you want a practical solution there is the JBL bassQ which has the sound field room correction algorithm

I haven't mentioned it publicly before, but we have recently become JBL Synthesis dealers

congrats widget

hope in the near future we can also become synthesis dealer in mexico city

Lightbulb Widget is out of the closet

Congratulations on your Synthesis® affiliation!

And thanks for letting me know my June 18th DACS calibration is already out of date. Dammit Widget!
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Congratulations...
    More to come shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    And thanks for letting me know my June 18th DACS calibration is already out of date. Dammit Widget!
    Sorry about that... it is interesting how when talking to audiophiles about the change a preamp or even a cable makes in their system and you hear that it was "night and day." Engineers are usually more reserved with the hyperbole... but at JBL they seemed quite proud of their advances in room tuning abilities with the new software.

That said, if your system sounds good, and you and grumpy both seem pleased with the results, I wouldn't sweat it.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    More to come shortly...

Sorry about that...

Engineers are usually more reserved with the hyperbole... but at JBL they seemed quite proud of their advances in room tuning abilities with the new software.

That said, if your system sounds good, and you and grumpy both seem pleased with the results, I wouldn't sweat it.

Widget
    Well, your atonement will have to be coming to LA to "practice" your DACS (5?) skills on my system. Purely as a courtesy for the sake of gaining experience of course.
    Out.

I guess I should have added this:

There was so much improvement from initial set up and testing to final calibration that I couldn't help thinking (in the deep recesses of my mind), "Hmm. I bet it could sound even better." The question was how?

Maybe a rethinking of the room treatments...
    Maybe a better pre/pro than the SDP-5 with HDMI capability or at least 7-channel analog input...
    Maybe kneeling at the altar of amplifier religion to accept Bo's or Clark's mystic devotion and throwing out the big brute Synthesis® amps...
    Maybe getting some yummy Monster Cable interconnects and tossing the Straight Wire stuff...
    Maybe replacing the Oppo Bluray for a really expensive one and getting an expensive external DAC, too...
    Maybe regressing to scratchy, popping, distorted vinyl with a $4k TT, $1.5k tone arm, and $800 cart and getting the true sound of analog...

...and now you tell me I needed better software??

Out.

it is now called Hats (harman audio test system)

and it not only for synthesis set up but a much more powerfull program
    all divisions of harman are using it from investigation and develpment to final intalations or mere acoustic measurments

it is basiclaly a very nice software that uses a bss unit as an interface for mics and etc

the new advantage of the 4500 unit and this system is you can use the new algoritm called sound field managment which realy is a killer bass system calibration.
    by the way

but if you have the sdec 3000 you can allsow use soundfield if you use only two subs in a 5.1 configuration

new synthesis pages

Yep: http://www.jblsynthesis.com/aboutus.aspx

Then, click on:

JBL Synthesis Specialized Services for HATS info.

"Two Jim's" could get a placard suitable for wall hanging !!!

Well, my excuse for attaching this info to the other thread is I was in Alaska for a week and ignored all Web and cell phone activity. (By "ignored," of course I mean mostly not available. )
    Out.

a whole week 'off the grid'... nice. I'd say welcome back, but that had to be too short...

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    a whole week 'off the grid'... nice. I'd say welcome back, but that had to be too short...
    grumpy
    What didn’t you pay your electrical bill? Hey get a key-meter it’s far less of headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
    Well for starters, so do I not think the REW will do the trick here, the same with the XTC setup I have used in previus setups even if it uses 3 messuring points

Audyssey Hmm.... remember that I live in Norway ??? I would still need an installer to get it up and running.

Oh Yes I have tried the SVS clone on two of the subwoofers and got a perfect result according to the SVS, but we did messure the room before and after the SVS was there any difference ??

I still would like to invest in a proffesional messuring setup and then something as close to the DACS as possible, so that is still my question, what is out there and where can I get it ?
    Loffen

I think the REW approach along with the type of selected Behringer (DSP1124 / BFQ2496) that you chose.

Remember the cost isn’t as obscured as most others and the goal is essentially the same (to get the frequencies levelled out).

You might need to patch one or more of the same type together in daisy chain or (looped) so you double the amount of PEQ bands that you will need for the task.

I don’t think you’ll find a more, cheaper route around this. And $1500 is a ludicrous amount of money for a BSS.

Then again there’s the space rack issue of multiples of (DSP1124 / BFQ2496) for

Left
    Centre
    Right
    Left-surround
    Right-surround
    Centre-back surround (optional)
    Sub bass extension
    Sub bass LFE.1 channel

Now if you like hours of (hands on) rather than (auto) and not learning how to do it manually by hand the human personal touch. But the response still needs to be with the parameters.

Pricing for the FBQ2496 in England
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?um=...-8&sa=N&tab=if

Pricing for DSP1124 in England
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=DSP1124&hl=en&aq=f

I think the DSP1124 is discontinued. £68.29 wow that’s a steal!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    grumpy
    What didn’t you pay your electrical bill? Hey get a key-meter it’s far less of headache.

Loffen

I think the REW approach along with the type of selected Behringer (DSP1124 / BFQ2496) that you chose.

Remember the cost isn’t as obscured as most others and the goal is essentially the same (to get the frequencies levelled out).

You might need to patch one or more of the same type together in daisy chain or (looped) so you double the amount of PEQ bands that you will need for the task.

I don’t think you’ll find a more, cheaper route around this. And $1500 is a ludicrous amount of money for a BSS.

Then again there’s the space rack issue of multiples of (DSP1124 / BFQ2496) for

Left
    Centre
    Right
    Left-surround
    Right-surround
    Centre-back surround (optional)
    Sub bass extension
    Sub bass LFE.1 channel

Now if you like hours of (hands on) rather than (auto) and not learning how to do it manually by hand the human personal touch. But the response still needs to be with the parameters.

Pricing for the FBQ2496 in England
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?um=...-8&sa=N&tab=if

Pricing for DSP1124 in England
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=DSP1124&hl=en&aq=f

I think the DSP1124 is discontinued. £68.29 wow that’s a steal!
    I think Loffen is going for a large step up in quality compared to the Behringer units.

Is it impossible to buy a HATS software kit from Harman/JBL? The mics, BSS unit etc should not be a problem, but is the software only developed for internal use in Harman? I think that's a real shame

As someone else mentioned, I would think "Smaart" would be the best alternative for measuring.

Thread Information