After an event two weeks ago, it would appear that there would be benefit to having guidelines for posting. I want to preface this by stating that I believe our forum has more than met the initial intent of developing a community of people with a shared interest in Lansing products and heritage. Discussions have added a whole new dimension to the site that goes well beyond the information contained in web articles and documents. It is not my intent to restrain this in any way and I will do whatever I can to foster expanded discourse.

Now the bad news. Two weeks ago, a past regular poster returned after an extended absense to make two posts that were nothing more than personal attacks. I deleted them as soon as I came across them and this has resulted in that poster leaving the site permanently. I have no regrets in this development, but thought I should make clear why I took the action I did, and what's allowed and what's not.

A) What's Allowed

You are free to criticize any action, opinion or assertion made on this forum.

B) What's Not Allowed

You are not allowed to make personal crticisms. Ad hominem attacks and name calling will not be tolerated.

It is not my intent to turn this site into the epitome of political correctness. Sarcasm, exposure to ridicule and humour in general are all perfectly acceptable as long as it is directed at A) and not B).

I am leaving this thread open to replies for opinions on these guidelines and input on whether anything else should be addressed.