Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any more news on project May?

Any more news on project May?

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...07&postcount=9

I was doing a search on the 9800 and saw some threads on the project May/

How is it all going?

Just had my 50th it must be nearly 6 years on .

Ok , Happy Birthday, Jan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post

Yeah, we are all getting older and slowing down a bit.

Widget

And a grand Happy Birthday to you, good sir!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I was doing a search on the 9800 and saw some htreads on the project May/

How is it all going?

Ah well, you finally reveal your age. I couldn't post it here:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ad.php?t=26256

Somehow I thought you were older.

Kidding, mate, kidding.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Yeah, we are all getting older and slowing down a bit.

Widget
    Slowing down? Hmm.

I got the impression you're doing more than ever. I know I am, though the fact that I lost 70 pounds (since Nov 2008) probably has a lot to do with it.

Maybe it's not so much slowing down as it is changing activities.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I got the impression you're doing more than ever. I know I am, though the fact that I lost 70 pounds (since Nov 2008) probably has a lot to do with it.

Congratulations... I think. Did you need to lose 70 lbs? From your photos, I'd have never guessed.

Widget

When I started in Nov 2008 I weighed 230-235. I'm 5'11".

Yeah, I think I need to lose it.

Definitely it's changed my life and my quality of life. It also means I'm exercising every day, so I feel really active and, thus, not slowing down.

It's too bad there isn't a single thing I can contribute to Project May. If I had any talent in that area at all, I think I could give it a boost. But I don't so... it's back to exercising, drinking, listening to the Synthesis®, and sex.
    Out.

Obsolete

I was doing a search on the 9800 and saw some htreads on the project May/

How is it all going?

Happy Half Century!

Don McRitchie is the Project Leader and I haven't seen nor heard from him in more than a year. :dont-know

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    When I started in Nov 2008 I weighed 230-235. I'm 5'11".

Yeah, I think I need to lose it.

Definitely it's changed my life and my quality of life. It also means I'm exercising every day, so I feel really active and, thus, not slowing down.

It's too bad there isn't a single thing I can contribute to Project May. If I had any talent in that area at all, I think I could give it a boost. But I don't so... it's back to exercising, drinking, listening to the Synthesis®, and sex.
    Ha,

I think the best aspect of it was the "thinking" and getting around and meeting some of the other dudes.

I distinctly recall Bill Martinelli saying on ventrillo early on give me it and I have it churned out in a couple of months..like hello.

Dome, don't make it old timers look bad....

Speaking of long shots my quack only this week told me I am deficient in vitamin "D". I said my well girl friend reckons I manufacture baby making projectiles..Muhhaha.

wish you all the best Ian and many more..

Obsolete
    I distinctly recall Bill Martinelli saying on ventrillo early on give me it and I have it churned out in a couple of months..like hello.
    Talk to Don. It's his project.

If it were only that simple. Fact is that we haven't found anyone either capable (appropriate skills or available free time) or willing to actually take on the final project.

I believe the project is currently in good hands, we are waiting for him to have the available time.

As anyone involved in the project knows, it grew and grew and became significantly more than simply another brown box with cool drivers screwed into it. Unfortunately that has made it difficult to complete... heck, my own project which began shortly after Project May is still in an unfinished though playable state.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

As anyone involved in the project knows, it grew and grew and became significantly more than simply another brown box with cool drivers screwed into it. Unfortunately that has made it difficult to complete... heck, my own project which began shortly after Project May is still in an unfinished though playable state.

Widget
    When it's completed, I'm sure it will be noteworthy. Nonetheless, this I why I don't fart around with this kind of thing. It turns into an endless task or a series of unhappy compromises as the dream is consumed by reality.

Even when it's your full-time job to design speakers, it's got to be somewhat daunting, and a lot of stuff gets put out there that you wouldn't be especially happy with for one reason or another. Occasionally someone really gets it right; however, how many "wrongs" or "maybes" were there along the way?

I love (as in "think they're simpletons") the guys who spend a ton of time building one speaker that they think is the best thing they've ever heard, then decide, "Hey speaker building isn't that hard; I'll start a company." So they futz around for a while selling ID or whatever, get some true believers excited about the buzz, the personal attention, the handcrafted BS, the furniture grade cabinets, whatever... then it all goes bad one way or another.

There's a lot of stuff out there that's more highly regarded than midlevel JBL gear that is clearly inferior. It's all BS, smoke and mirrors, and boutique mentality gone amok.

Just ask Steve Schell how hard it is to do all this, do it right, and create a market.

My hat's off to those who build one-offs for themselves or others. I'm not that talented.

I'll just let Greg Timbers or Kevin Voecks or Sean Olive use all of Harman's vast resources to design my speakers for me and consider myself privileged.
    Out.

Well the 10th anniversary for the first official post in the Project May forums when by last month.

Does anyone know what became of the idea or the drivers JBL donated?

Thread Information