Thread: I was wrong! G 732

Talking I was wrong! G 732

I posted a thread about my JBL MI632A's only to find that they are actually G 732's. Okay anyways I am still in the same boat ... too little power for what I would like. So I have a general question that I know most will hate to hear. Do you trully think I can upgrade these cabs? I was actually thinking of a new 15" Low Freq driver with and possibly upgrading the high freq driver and flare. I know alot of people are thinking this might be dumb but I am really wanting to know if anybody has seen these with an "upgrade." I hate to get rid of them and I hate to possibly burn them up during a gig. I bought the G 732's and a set of TR225's that I know my dad used for years together with a 900-1200 watt mixer and never a problem. He played country music inside a decent sized banquet hall most of the time and we play larger festivals and buildings with terrible acoustics. So many times the more we can use to move out sound the better ... and by the way we are Metal so it's heavy but it still needs to sound good.
    I have some low feq drivers that I might drop in here and I will look to find a horn that will replace the one that I have ... if it works I will let you know ... but I would love to know any pointers if you have any.

By the way ... I just completed a half closed/ half open back 4x12" cab ... it sounds amazing and I am glad it went so well. I am hoping to get at least half the same results from this "project"

Thanks for reading all my ramblings
    AFF

JBL Schems

Here is a link to the models that I have. THEY LOOK JUST LIKE THE MI632A'a.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/G-Series/G-732.pdf

Thread Information