Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new JBL Studio Monitor in town....the 4429

That's the crux of it.
    YES Indeed

I hope Harman implodes. They've wrecked Crown, JBL, Revel, and who knows what else.
    It will be no longer an all American company

sorry for your loss

Hope you find a new love soon

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    sorry for your loss
    Oh it isn't just my loss...

Nearly half of all U.S. states reported rising unemployment rates in March, the government said Friday, with rates above the national average in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
    Hope you find a new love soon
    They're just loudspeakers...

I have a family and friends. They're all that really matters.

They're just loudspeakers...

I have a family and friends. They're all that really matters.
    good to see you have well established priorities

Some times it seem this Harman, USA economy thing is really getting you

but now i understand you are just a passionate man

Frederick Lim
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    That's the crux of it.I hope Harman implodes. They've wrecked Crown, JBL, Revel, and who knows what else.
    Infinity as well....

Mexicans have been doing this at Northridge for many many years

So please keep the nationality off the equation.
    While there are those in the USA who don't treat our neighbors to the south with any respect, I haven't seen posts on this forum that have been along those lines.

While I find Harman's decision to move the factory deplorable, it certainly has nothing to do with race and not even all that much about nationalism. I think it is great that Mexico has been building "German" cars for the Americas... I own one. I further hope that Mexico's manufacturing capabilities increase... what's good for Mexico is good for the USA, more over I am happy for China that their recent successes have helped many out of poverty over there, but what I find disgusting is taking away people's jobs and shutting down perfectly good factories in the hopes of short term reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Lim View Post
    Infinity as well....
    I must admit that while I admired Infinity, I never paid all that much attention to them. It seems to me that under Harman's stewardship, Infinity has become another Oldsmobile... a brand with no identity or focus or real reason to exist.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    While there are those in the USA who don't treat our neighbors to the south with any respect, I haven't seen posts on this forum that have been along those lines.

While I find Harman's decision to move the factory deplorable, it certainly has nothing to do with race and not even all that much about nationalism. I think it is great that Mexico has been building "German" cars for the Americas... I own one. I further hope that Mexico's manufacturing capabilities increase... what's good for Mexico is good for the USA, more over I am happy for China that their recent successes have helped many out of poverty over there, but what I find disgusting is taking away people's jobs and shutting down perfectly good factories in the hopes of short term reward.
    Widget
    Ditto, except for my car.

Mexicans have been doing this at Northridge for many many years

So please keep the nationality off the equation . I hope Harman has the ability to do this type of movement . it would be the same if thy where moving from California to Florida

I understand your frustration of this type of decision and shurely sad for the people how have spent a life in a JBL

the question is not the nationality but the business practice and its repercussion if not well attended
    I highly doubt that anyone here really cares whether mexicans chinese japanese litihuanian german sengalese ethiopian people or whatever their race may be is building these speakers as long as there still being built in america. The problem lies in taking an american company and moving a part of it to another country it doesnt matter what country it is either. The jobs, carreers lost and pride in an american made product will be gone the moment they move it somewhere else. I know for a fact that I will never buy a new JBL product again because of this.

REGARDS JIM

long as there still being built in america
    i think you need geography lessons you live in country named United States of America

America is a continent divided in to three sections North Central and South

Mexico is part of the north section of the continent just as is Canada.

OK OK OK you are referring to your county

And yes i hate when companies in Mexico fire people to manufacture things in other countries so i do understand
    but that does not mean by default less quality

i think you need geography lessons you live in country named United States of America

America is a continent divided in to three sections North Central and South

Mexico is part of the north section of the continent just as is Canada.

OK OK OK you are referring to your county

And yes i hate when companies in Mexico fire people to manufacture things in other countries so i do understand
    but that does not mean by default less quality
    I see no reason why the quality would be any less if they were manufactured in Mexico or China or Siberia for that matter, it is not about the race of people doing the work nor about the skill set required the quality of craftmanship is as good in Mexico as it is in the USA it as mentioned earlier simply taking food out of mouths here and putting it elsewhere all in the name of higher profit margins.

REGARDS JIM

actually back on topic--4319

thought this monitor with an inverted metal dome mid-range might be the first of it's kind??

and by the way, for those without a translator, I highly recommend the google crome browser which does automatic page translation. I surfed this JBL Japan site for years with netscape only being able to see the prices in yen, and driver model numbers, but now I can at least somewhat read the page.....
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by jim3860 View Post
    as mentioned earlier simply taking food out of mouths here and putting it elsewhere all in the name of higher profit margins.
    I view it as criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim3860 View Post
    I know for a fact that I will never buy a new JBL product again because of this.
    Yep. It'd be a cold day in hell before I ever supported that company again. Their management are bad citizens. It's really too bad that they're allowed to continue to use the name. But they bought it and they can ruin it however they see fit I guess. Pricks...

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    thought this monitor with an inverted metal dome mid-range might be the first of it's kind??
    Not to mention a Nd apparently differential-drive 2213.

We're clearly outside JBL mainstream anymore, and it's nothing short of insult....

4429 in Fukuoka

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Northridge until the end of June.

Greg is pretty proud of them. They use the same horn and compression drivers as his floor-standing S4600 design, along with the 1200FE-8 instead of the LE14H-4.

Very nice sounding system. A set of 5 with subs would be killer.
    My son and I auditioned the 4429 and 4305H at the same store (a large box store, like BB). The 4429 was very good indeed. If I'd had the $5K, I would have bought them for my son's wedding present.

We had also auditioned the Everest II at an install dealer. Now, that was a disgrace, the DD66000 shoved into an over stuffed room and only 5 ft between the pair.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Norwegian test of the 4429

Obsolete
    Thanks for the link.

Thread Information