Thread: Popping HF sound!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Uh, yes there is. You have a ground loop somewhere "upstream" from your amplifiers. So, you need to find the offending piece of gear.

First - is everything plugged into the same AC circuit? You need to get all the stereo / TV gear into it's own, dedicated circuit. I don't know if that's possible (or safe...) with all your gear but do make sure no refrigerators, toasters or dimmer switches are on that circuit.

Once done, if you really want to tackle this "hum", you need to start at the end (the speakers) with everything disconnected, and work backwards, slowly connecting one thing in at a time.
    bop

Now that has given me a “Brainstorm” and I think I may have found an answer, now.

The main’s that supplies the sockets feed that comes off a different circuit breaker that does hallway kitchen bedroom and living room are all on the same line.

Now the mains that powers the heaters in the kitchen and bathroom was disconnected or least I didn’t want those fans installed because I don’t see the need in running kilowatts to heat the kitchen and bathroom up, just waste of electric!

Okay, all I need to do is buy a few smaller meters of (cable trunking mains cable) screw it up to the corner of the kitchen and run along the corner of the ceiling over to where the refrigerator is. Attach a new (mains plug socket) to the wall, plug in the refrigerator and hope it doesn’t send the spark like noise onto the mains plug supply, that end up coming out the left front channel.

Plan A
    4 meters of mains cable
    4 meters of cable trunking
    x1 mains power socket

This should cost no more than £15.00 pounds.

Note: the mains power circuit breakers. Top right hand-side is, the mains/breaker for the fan heater kitchen and bathroom only. Only its not being used to power the heaters its been idle for nearly 3 years now.

Note: top power mains socket in the kitcken now that is where I’ll get the mains off this to, supply the refrigerator.

Note: the refrigerator as if no one as seen one before, LOL note the mains socket, now this is on the same line that does all the mains power sockets around the flat.

The socket beside it powers the washing machine which is on the same circuit line, so no sense in getting the power off that for the refrigerator is, there now.

Note: the mains circuit breaker on the lower right hand side. Now that supplies the night storage heaters hallway bedroom and living room, so I’m not messing with that!

Note: the mains circuit breaker centre or at the top. Now that supplies the mains sockets living room hallway kitchen (cooker washing machine) and bedroom. Also the smoke alarm and lighting in, hallway kitchen bathroom bedroom and living room.

Plan B
    I could cut the cost even lower by, buying an extension power mains lead. Take the plug off and place a connector to the mains (live neutral and Earth) run the cable around to the refrigerator and bingo.

But I might as well make it neat so I’m going with plan A.

Its only just been eluding me for over a year now.

I had the same issue when I had the home cinema system in the bedroom with the same popping sound.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information