Well I’ll cut to the chase! Basically I have this elusive popping sound on the Marantz 1050 left front HF it’s a mild popping that is cursed by the refrigerator when shutting off or is it when starting up as well.

I need to isolate/resolve this as its not a good thing especially on the HF side. I think its bypassing.

Note: it is on the start-up and shut down on the refrigerator.

I need to get this sorted.

I’ve just timed the refrigerator and undone the HF lead from the DCX2496 and waited 10 minutes before shutting off. It’s the HF left channel lead that needs sorting. Then again it might be the input left channel on the DCX2496 I’ll have to wait for the refrigerator to start-up again and undone the left front input to the DCX2496 and see which part needs sorting.

It’s a good thing the popping hasn’t buggered up HF diaphragm or at least I don’t have the Marantz 1050 up high enough otherwise I would be in trouble.

I have no clue at what the frequency is that is passing though to the HF it has to be lower than 1Khz.:dont-know

I’m not sure if I mentioned this fault before a few years ago when I was living in the sh!t hole dump. I did notice that the left side had popping issue. Maybe it’s the fault with the DCX2496 or I need a simple affordable filter to resolve this.

I have one of those (filter thingy’s) for the mains plugs and it does sod all! It’s a good thing I didn’t buy an expensive one.

It could be (one of a few items that needs isolating). Its not your typical buzzing/humming sound that is constant. This issue only starts up now and then and it can take hours to see which part of the system needs sorting.

I’ll let you know as and when I’ve sorted the issue. If I can sort it that is!

bop anyone please move to genreal forum I've posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks