Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Crown Amps

Quote Originally Posted by DES-1 View Post
    Good information, thanks gents, I'll definitely go DSP and will do more learning and reading per suggestion especially on BSS. So far I did read the google doc authored by POS plus a couple of the clone build threads.

My main concern with the cts1200 was regarding the hf section, driving the d2430k with a channel of the cts1200...is it safe to do so? I'll be building and running the protection networks for the D2's but isn't 600 watts entirely too much power?
    Remember the D2 connected in series is about 20 ohms, and CTS1200 only gives 300w in 16 ohms, but still its probably complete overkill for domestic use. Then again the network burns a lot of power (I recall POS calculated this in one of the M2 threads?), and it has apparently a very high power handling.
    So yes, I think it is safe with the network in place, and a well functioning CTS1200 with all its protection circuits. If you are building a pure clone, there is logic using similar amps for HF and LF section. Unlike me who ventured into experimental DIY terrain with a different driver and low power class A amp for the HF.

Quote Originally Posted by johanwholst View Post
    ....Then again the network burns a lot of power (I recall POS calculated this in one of the M2 threads?), and it has apparently a very high power handling.
    Here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post398726

Thread Information