Thread: Tweeter in Ti2K gone

Tweeter in Ti2K gone

Hi, dont know if this is the right place,but gotta start some place

Lately I've been hearing a scratching sound form my left tweeter, but I thought it was a bad recording until today when I found out that my left speaker has no tweeter, it sound like its playing from a box.

I've checked the tweeter and the crossover filter, but nothing seems to be broken? So what should I look for, and is there any replacement tweeter, how much does it cost?

Hello pahf

Be aware that this ( TiK ) series wasn't marketed into North America. As a consequence, we ( know only a little about the series & therefore ) can offer only limited help.

Anyways, here are two older threads ( more or less on the same subject ) for you to read.

These 2 threads should help you to assemble some of the necessary info ( to proceed with getting yours repaired ) ;

Tweeter damaged (TW025 replacement)

Brighter 025Ti diaphragms

>< cheers

Is it worth trying the tweeter from the good speaker in place of the "broken" one. That might isolate whether the tweeter is the actual fault (keep the volume levels very ow during any tests though)

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
    Is it worth trying the tweeter from the good speaker in place of the "broken" one. That might isolate whether the tweeter is the actual fault (keep the volume levels very ow during any tests though)
    Or... alternatively, swap the bad tweeter with the good one-just in case there's something nasty (uhf) coming from the amp channel the 'broken' tweeter is currently hooked up to-you wouldn't want to blow both.

I like your style Cooky

I have 2 JBL 025Ti tweeters NOS on Ebay if you are looking for some?

These are weirdos. I have many prototypes reference speakers and parts that my late father Chuck Manley Tech for Ling Electronics then Altec to JBL then Gauss left me. He followed Ed May through his career picking up stuff along the way.
    I hard these were samples they got from a factory in France? Apparently these were subcontracted.

If you have anymore information for me please let me know?

Thanks
    Dana

Quote Originally Posted by DManley View Post

Thanks
    Dana
    An eight-year-old thread, in case you hadn't noticed. The original poster was one-post-wonder and hasn't been active since January, 2014.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

These are weirdos. I have many prototypes reference speakers and parts that my late father Chuck Manley Tech for Ling Electronics then Altec to JBL then Gauss left me. He followed Ed May through his career picking up stuff along the way.
    I hard these were samples they got from a factory in France? Apparently these were subcontracted.

Thanks
    Dana
    Dana, you could do the archive here a great duty by starting a fresh thread entitled "Prototype Speakers from Ling, Altec, JBL, and Gauss."

Then create a post for each driver you have containing clear, up-close photographs of each. If you know anything about the drivers, include that, as well. I'll bet you will discover many people here and elsewhere who will be willing to provide their own recollections and possibly originally printed specifications.

GeeDeeEmm

Pics

Thanks
    Dana

Thread Information