Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looky what I just got - Walnut lenses for my horns

Now the baffle boards would look great in walnut veneer. Those lenses make the blue color look sad.
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Electron View Post
    Now the baffle boards would look great in walnut veneer. Those lenses make the blue color look sad.
    Personally, I think they look pretty nice on black-baffle 4345s!

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Walnut lenses for sale

I have a pair of these Walnut lenses for sale, check Marketplace. In fact they are the same lenses as in Heather's pictures, I bought them from her. I have since sold my 4341s,

Sigurd
    Sigurd O. Stefansson,
    Bergen, Norway

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.Stefansson View Post
    I have a pair of these Walnut lenses for sale, check Marketplace. In fact they are the same lenses as in Heather's pictures, I bought them from her. I have since sold my 4341s,

Sigurd
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Sigurd

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Sigurd

I concur

The black looks better than the blue. Wonder who decided to use the blue color, and why? It's not like the rather imposing JBL monitors weren't distinctive looking. And if they were installed in an actual recording studio there's a good chance the grilles would be removed. In a fancy styled client-friendly studio visually decorated to impress, there's not much there that wouldn't clash with that blue tint. imho.
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

The black looks better than the blue. Wonder who decided to use the blue color, and why? It's not like the rather imposing JBL monitors weren't distinctive looking. And if they were installed in an actual recording studio there's a good chance the grilles would be removed. In a fancy styled client-friendly studio visually decorated to impress, there's not much there that wouldn't clash with that blue tint. imho.
    Just a matter of taste, I guess, Doc. Those blue baffles are one element of the JBL "look" that has always been quite pleasing to my eye. Black is so ubiquitous that it's become almost invisible. As for clashing colors, I'm a typical guy: practically anything matches anything!

GeeDeeEmm

The wooden plates look very nice. However, when I designed the slant plates for use with the 075s, I made sets with 1/8" and 1/16" plates and it seems that the thinner plates provided a better FR.

It would be interesting to see a RTA of any difference between the wooden and stock plates.

My memory for people is terrible but wouldn't that likely be Dan Ashcraft? Who I think also created the quadrex L100 grille?

He was at the third Lansing Heritage meeting if memory serves me correctly and he is a walking statement of style. I don't pay much attention to people but this guy looked like he stepped off of a magazine cover and at the same time it looked as natural and relaxed on him as spots on a leopard.

He spoke a bit on the difficulty of making a speaker not look like every other speaker. He clearly tackled that problem.

To me JBL blue is as iconic as Chevrolet orange and I love them both.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Love hurts!

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

In this case, I bet the sound potential from the perforated metal is better than from the etched high silicon Al 4 banger behind the orange acoustic lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    My memory for people is terrible but wouldn't that likely be Dan Ashcraft? Who I think also created the quadrex L100 grille?

He was at the third Lansing Heritage meeting if memory serves me correctly and he is a walking statement of style. I don't pay much attention to people but this guy looked like he stepped off of a magazine cover and at the same time it looked as natural and relaxed on him as spots on a leopard.

He spoke a bit on the difficulty of making a speaker not look like every other speaker. He clearly tackled that problem.

Barry.
    I love this post!

I used to be in the more conservative black bagel camp, but over the years I've really warmed up to the "classic" JBL Blue. The newer darker blue doesn't work as well in my book.

Widget

Thread Information