Thread: Lookee what made it`s way into the living room

Lookee what made it`s way into the living room

Attachment 57014

Been contemplating moving up the JBL food chain for a little while now, not that the 4425s were bad or anything, but just because.. They were a great "gateway" that had me wanting more.
    Came close to buying a pair of 4333A`s that needed lot`s of attention but decided not to as they required just too much work to make them right.

Then by chance, I heard from a local fellow from whom I had purchased some audio gear from and asked if he would consider parting ways with one of several pairs of 4430s he had to which he answered " come on down!"

This particular pair came from a local CBC studio who had the woofers reconed prior to selling them.
    They have since sat unused in a controlled environment and are in near NOS condition.

Getting them set up properly will take some time, I have built a couple of temporary 10" stands that now put the horns lower lip and woofer frame at around ear level, that seems like a good elevation.

I`ll reserve passing judgement on the sonics until I put some more time on the new cones, experiment with placement and tweaking of the L Pads, which are currently in the flat position
    but I will say, these are serious speakers.
    The bass authority and dynamics are truly stunning with an equally impressive stereo image. Very transparent.

They are currently being driven by a single BGW 750B which will soon be accompanied by a 750C in biamp mode with the help of a Brooke Siren Systems FDS 310 crossover. That ought to provide adequate torque.

I`ve only had them a few days now and I`m starting to get use to their physical presence. Make no mistake, these are not small speakers. Most people would find them too dominating but then, I`m not most people and actually enjoy the occasional domination

Name:  phpA7risCPM.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  71.2 KB

Member 4313B spent some years with these as his main cabs. He might be able to answer questions. I had a pair for a year or so. Enjoyed.

They sure look great! Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F;338490

Then by chance, I heard from a local fellow from whom I had purchased some audio gear from and asked if he would consider parting ways with one of [I
    several [/I]pairs of 4430s he had to which he answered " come on down!"

This particular pair came from a local CBC studio who had the woofers reconed prior to selling them.
    They have since sat unused in a controlled environment and are in near NOS condition.

I`ve only had them a few days now and I`m starting to get use to their physical presence. Make no mistake, these are not small speakers. Most people would find them too dominating but then, I`m not most people and actually enjoy the occasional domination
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

What are they puttin' in the water up there?

Nice speakers you got!

Quote Originally Posted by mikebake View Post
    Member 4313B spent some years with these as his main cabs. He might be able to answer questions. I had a pair for a year or so. Enjoyed.
    I could have sworn 4313B chimed in earlier. Either way, I would welcome current and past owners comments regarding their experiences, particularly those that went the biamp route.
    I`m a little concerned my crossovers fourth order slopes may be too steep compared to what a 5235
    does.

Thread Information