Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another east Coast LHS Social Event

Yet another east Coast LHS Social Event

With this unusually cool summer, I figure maybe we can get one more social event in this summer - and I suspect its my turn to host one of this things!
    I'm in Fairfax city (VA) - and a couple of the usual suspects have been here already!

So - lets start talking about it now, see what we can work out!

How about a tentative date of Sat. Sept 12th -
    thats a week AFTER the Labor Day weekend ... its 7 weeks off - not too soon I hope!

The place is kind of small and well packed, but maybe I can offload some furniture ahead of time!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Sounds good to me!

Any particular theme in mind as the hostess?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    Sounds good to me!

Any particular theme in mind as the hostess?
    Not yet ... I'm still trying to clear the aquarium from the TV room!

Lately I've been going through DVD-A and SACD surround sound music - anyone else have an interest in that media?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Thanks for offering but the date doesn't work for me as I'll be shuttling daughter #2 back to college. But don't plan around me. I have a pretty busy calendar coming up with only two Saturdays open in August and two in September, and I will probably use one of those to visit my Mom.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Emma just reminded me of a previous appointment in August ... D'oh!

So, we'll need to find another date for such an event - maybe early September?
    How about a tentative date of Sat. Sept 12th - its a ways off - we can adjust as necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    How about a tentative date of Sat. Sept 12th - its a ways off - we can adjust as necessary!
    I'm doing sound for a local group that weekend on Friday and Saturday at two different locations. Big system. Lot's of setup involved. Good group though so fun to listen to, and I get to play monitor engineer.

Sorry.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    ...I get to play monitor engineer.
    Take some pics...!!

Here's a little rig I built for local shows where we bring-in our own monitors. APB M1016 - provides 8 stereo IEM, or any combination of mono / stereo. That's an Ashly Protea 4.24G beneath the console - we can insert it on 4 mixes if using wedges.

Rear panel has the inputs, a splitter (w/ Pin1 drop), Inserts, Line in and all the outputs. I keep it wired-up with a stage box snake (50'), the splitter fan-to-fan ('35') and the output loom (10') all stuffed into that little dog house.

At approx 200 lbs "wet" I can toss it in the Z71 and get on down the road.

Sweeeet...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Take some pics...!!

Here's a little rig I built for local shows where we bring-in our own monitors. APB M1016 - provides 8 stereo IEM, or any combination of mono / stereo. That's an Ashly Protea 4.24G beneath the console - we can insert it on 4 mixes if using wedges.

Rear panel has the inputs, a splitter (w/ Pin1 drop), Inserts, Line in and all the outputs. I keep it wired-up with a stage box snake (50'), the splitter fan-to-fan ('35') and the output loom (10') all stuffed into that little dog house.

At approx 200 lbs "wet" I can toss it in the Z71 and get on down the road.

Sweeeet...
    Passive splitters, or some kind of buffered no-loss distribution? I'd often wondered about doing a passive split for small club gigs.

Nice little kit.

je

As early September drifted on, and now its Octoberer already ... what say you, local peeps?

Columbus Day wkend won't work - how about either the 16th, or Oct 31st?

Emma just reminded me of a previous appointment ... D'oh!

So, we'll need to find another date for such an event - maybe early September?

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    You can pick it up at the listening party Heather said would be soon...
    Well? The last time I offered some likely dates no one responded ...
    so I figured they were just busy or all tuckered out ...

So what works for y'all?
    I'll offer up a pair of possible dates ...
    How about Oct 31st (Halloween), or Nov 14 ??

No lack of interest here. Halloween is still a national holiday here at our house but Nov.14 could work. It's right in the UVA a cappella season just before their break so I'll have to double-check the schedule. We did sound for two shows last night—one a two-hundred-member choir with four-piece band and we did a 16-track recording for them—and have two more tonight.

I do know I'm hopefully working with the lighting engineer for the Derek Trucks Band show at UVA on Nov. 10. In Old Cabell Hall of all places; much better suited for an un-plugged performance than what I expect we'll get.

Well? The last time I offered some likely dates no one responded ...
    so I figured they were just busy or all tuckered out ...

So what works for y'all?
    I'll offer up a pair of possible dates ...
    How about Oct 31st (Halloween), or Nov 14 ??
    It's tough for me to plan ahead for a day trip these days, I have to keep schedules open as possible for side work. Plan what you can & I'll have to make the call last-minute, unfortunately.

je

Okay, Opimax didn't complain, so lets shoot for Nov 14th.
    He's got the 2nd shortest drive of all anyway, (Steve V. is almost next door)

earlier today in the other thread I "posted" the 14th, I just didn't hit submit

So the the 14th look to be 1st choice so far, what can I bring?

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Was thinking of trying to make one of these. Please include me on any future correspondence.

Yank
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Thread Information