Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L150 & L150A differences?

This is for gaming? Like using a joystick with a computer and a TV screen? Isn't that what Bose are for?

Should image about like my car stereo.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by jdurbin1 View Post
    Go for it! I have a similar arrangement with L112 or L96 on one wall, facing a pair of L150A across about the same distance as your room, maybe a couple feet longer. I had the L220 in there for a couple of years but am moving the L150A's back in this weekend to replace the [sold] L220's. I normally listen to the larger fronts by themselves and only turn on the smaller pair on the other end of the room when I want it cranked really loud.

John
    Nice, I was thinking with the 2 pair, I could use relatively low gain on the volume and still do a nice job of filling the room with sound.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    This is for gaming? Like using a joystick with a computer and a TV screen? Isn't that what Bose are for?

I mean if the truth really should be known, its probably an excuse to get the 150s. If it doesn't work, I'll pass them on. A game room TV, Stereo, and the obligatory pool table.

Well, my other option was to use the same configuration with a pair of Bose 501s and a pair of Klipsch La Scalas...

Do the L150 & L150A's have different power handling capacities, as the L110 & L110A's did? thanks

Obsolete
    Not really, the L150 and L150A both used the SFG Ferrite 128H whereas the L110 used the alnico LE111A and the L110A used the SFG Ferrite LE111H. The ferrite motors had a bit higher power handling due to the increased heat sink capacity.

Something like that, lol... this room needs so much acoustic treatment before you could use it for critical listening, you wouldn't believe it. It's fairly large but too narrow in one dimension, too long in the other, wall full of windows on one long side facing a drywall expanse on the other, and vaulted hard ceilings too. It's somewhat listenable at low to moderate levels with either pair of speakers playing, particularly if you sit in the sweet spot. It moves up to "annoy the neighbors" SQ with both pairs on or with the level cranked up. Turn on the B380 and things really get ugly. Would be a great room for playing drunken billiards in, but someone would end up putting a cue through those windows every time.

John

Anyone have positive experience with the non-A model L150s. Are they noticeably diffcient whan compared to A models? Are they desirable or am I in for a bit of a let down?

Quote Originally Posted by midlife View Post
    Are they noticeably diffcient whan compared to A models?
    Probably not, especially if you don't play them side-by-side.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by midlife View Post
    Anyone have positive experience with the non-A model L150s. Are they noticeably diffcient whan compared to A models? Are they desirable or am I in for a bit of a let down?
    L150s are one of my all time favorite speakers. They are forgiving of placement, amplification and source. You would have to work hard to make them not sound good at the very least.

Thread Information