Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M.J. Has left the building

Obsolete
    He was a giant talent.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    He was a giant talent.
    Yeah. Amazing.

But, he's been crying for help since his mid-twenties. There's a great interview - I don't know his age - where he articulates how easy it is for him to be on-stage, but how he simply cannot relate to people on a one-on-one basis. As his fame grew, so did his agoraphobia. He changed his appearance, created childlike refuges, and repeatedly exhibited childish social skills. As appalling as it often was, it evidenced his trap. It is tragically sad that there seemed nothing could be done to save him from his fears.

I never learned the "moon walk". I'll never stop trying...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

....growing up in the sixties and seventies I enjoyed all the heavy metal groups. When Jackson began his solo career in the 80's, I did not enjoy any of his music but I recognized he had enormous tallent.

The bazar behavior in later years, including is fixation with small boys, was evidence of his inablity to cope with the world he lived in.

As a CPA for 30 years, I recognize the importance of money and finances and it is fairly obvious he died broke. His primary financial asset was his financial interest in song titiles from the Beatles and others that, initially he shared 50%-50% with Sony. As cash flows from the collection were not suffceint for his everyday needs, he borrowed against the asset using it as collaterial.

Recently, the lenders closed the loop and his intersts in the song tititles was greatly diminished. His agreement to perform 50 concerts in London this summer was a desparate attempt to generate money that he could not live without.

Anyway, I assume the pressure to perform in London drove him to take an overdose of perscription drugs which killed him. The autopsy will answer this soon.

...very sad situation.

A Jackson family attorney said last night he had a serious perscription drug problem that the family knew about and that, when fully revealed, will make the Anna Nicole Smith situation look tame.

CNBC reported this AM that he injected himself with demoral and that caused his medical problem yesterday.

His recent financial troubles have been well publisized.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    ....growing up in the sixties and seventies I enjoyed all the heavy metal groups. When Jackson began his solo career in the 80's, I did not enjoy any of his music but I recognized he had enormous tallent.

The bazar behavior in later years, including is fixation with small boys, was evidence of his inablity to cope with the world he lived in.

As a CPA for 30 years, I recognize the importance of money and finances and it is fairly obvious he died broke. His primary financial asset was his financial interest in song titiles from the Beatles and others that, initially he shared 50%-50% with Sony. As cash flows from the collection were not suffceint for his everyday needs, he borrowed against the asset using it as collaterial.

Recently, the lenders closed the loop and his intersts in the song tititles was greatly diminished. His agreement to perform 50 concerts in London this summer was a desparate attempt to generate money that he could not live without.

Anyway, I assume the pressure to perform in London drove him to take an overdose of perscription drugs which killed him. The autopsy will answer this soon.

...very sad situation.
    That seems likely the possibility or the simple strain and pressure had caught up with him and his body wasn’t able to cope as he was always dancing strongly on stage or in music videos and think of all the rehearsals.

Still find this incredible to believe he’s gone?

One thing that does creep me out is the possible or unlikely incidents with children and what if it where true and what if someone just wanted to ruin his musical career by slowly destroying and discrediting the man.

But the things like hanging baby over the ledge is more than enough time for the baby to slip and fall and that is not right in the head, because I don’t know of anyone that would do that to their own child.

I agree and I’m sure most world over would agree thou some may also disagree with his surgical issues to transform from black to white is not normal. That’s like a white man wanted to be transformed into black-man, sigh.

Anyway I guess we’d have to wait for the autopsy report thou I’d imagine the family would like to read it before its announced to the world and some details may be, I make out it’s a conspiracy.

Unhappy I feel sad about MJ

His talent was huge! The late Fred Astaire was asked shortly before he died who he thought was the best dancer at that time and he said Michael Jackson!
    I have a copy of his Thriller album on Laser Disk, guess I'll get it out and fire up my LD player and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    It is tragically sad that there seemed nothing could be done to save him from his fears.

I was never a huge fan but was blown away with his ability to entertain. His fame and recognition in the music industry is well deserved. The first time I toured Westlake Studios I remember thinking about Thriller being recorded there.

I don't know what comes after this life, but want to believe he has found peace in it. With all his fame and success, his life almost always saddened me.

Youth is fleeting...

Morning, All,

Two quotes that I read many years ago, were my guiding lights back when I used to play music for a living.

- "Fame is a kiss from an infatuated milk maid"

- "Fame is a toy balloon amongst children armed with pins"

I believe this with all my heart, and it really helped me to keep from making many huge mistakes back then, and still does to this day. It's too bad that so many "famous" people begin believing all the over-blown hype about themselves, and once that happens, they are on the slipperly slope to their own end, one way, or the other. The list of talented, but misguided, people that we've lost, is very, very long, and apparently, endless.

I think that Bo's comments on MJ are smack on the money. +1, Bo!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    this society is upside down when a person who can move their bod around or throw a ball or repeat lines written by others has more social importance than those who build , create or discover
    Welcome to the madhouse dude. I fully understand your point but I'm afraid that you're pissing directly into a hurricane force wind.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Welcome to the madhouse dude. I fully understand your point but I'm afraid that you're pissing directly into a hurricane force wind.
    Its the InfoTainment industry - its more fun to make money on carefully crafted "Celebritology" than on reporting news or actually doing real work!

Its the craft of PR at its absolutely most horrifying peak!

No scripts or intellectual rights to pay, just vampires spouting off cheaply crafted speech and self-promotion. Right up there with "reality TV" and the rest of that Shite ...

And Jacko's passing eclipsed the other music news I heard yesterday, that bluegrass/country legend Bill Harrell passed, from the once famous pair of Don Reno and Bill Harrell
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    There have been so many more people with greater effects on my life who have passed with barely a note of recognition ...

this society is upside down when a person who can move their bod around or throw a ball or repeat lines written by others has more social importance than those who build , create or discover

ACTUALLY : I didnt care much for Elvis during his time either , but I think he may have had a bigger role in our culture ... as worthless as that is to my daily existance.
    I’m really surprised to hear that you feel this way. I’m assuming we’re all here because we love music, and that’s the driving force that fuels our love of JBL’s. And, I know you specifically love music – otherwise, you wouldn’t be trekking over to Goodwill picking up bags of LP’s all the time. Bearing that in mind, to minimize the musical impact of Jackson as having no influence on your own life seems incongruous to me. Whether the particular artist in question is one you personally enjoy, undoubtedly they have had an influence on other artists you appreciate (unless you simply hate their entire genre of music, I suppose.)

Music is an art, so isn’t creation the very soul of it? In MJ’s case, his skills as a performer were easily surpassed by his impressive songwriting credits. And then of course there’s the matter of the countless subsequent musicians who claim him as a defining influence for their art.

I certainly can’t and wouldn’t argue against the fact that celebrity status is overblown, and truly monumental figures pass all too frequently without the recognition they deserve. But to take the completely opposite approach and summarily dismiss whatever the individual’s contribution to the world may have been seems a bit extreme. At the end of the day and for all of his eccentricities, the dude brought a lot of people happiness through his music. That seems worthy of some recognition, no?

Best,
    - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    . And then of course there’s the matter of the countless subsequent musicians who claim him as a defining influence for their art.

I certainly can’t and wouldn’t argue against the fact that celebrity status is overblown, and truly monumental figures pass all too frequently without the recognition they deserve. But to take the completely opposite approach and summarily dismiss whatever the individual’s contribution to the world may have been seems a bit extreme. At the end of the day and for all of his eccentricities, the dude brought a lot of people happiness through his music. That seems worthy of some recognition, no?

Best,
    - Mike
    I really did not want to respond and get into a debate about society's woe's, fame and measuring other person's contribution's to mankind.... yada yada.... but have to back you up on this well thought out reply.

While we will never know the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I find this rather odd and yet surprised of his passing despite the troubles in the past few years with sexual abusing children.
    While his relationship with children was not normal or healthy, I don't believe he sexually abused them. Long time friend and personal engineer Bruce Swedien (and member of Gearslutz BTW) speaks of a kind and gentle soul who would do no person harm. "He shows up early and quietly warms up with his vocal coach... He is gracious and always says please and thank you."
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    This is a sad story.

Since he had so many financial issues, it would not surprise me if this turns out to be a suiside. ...very sad!
    When the financial dust settles you can bet his estate will be worth millions upon millions. He is still (was) a very rich man.

Album sales will be going through the roof and I am sure the record companies are quietly rubbing their hands in anticipation. There will probably be a huge fight for his estate with the donor mother of his kids at the center.

Maybe we will know, or maybe we will be told what the $$$$ people would like us to believe. You can bet many people knew he needed intervention to save his life....but who would tell the Jackson managers, this guy is going to die if you allow or encourage his fifty show upcoming tour. Give him what he wants and we will make TONS of money, while we pump him along. It happens alot many many times every day...its rough out there

I don't tolerate child molesters - and its an insult to imply otherwise,
    but NONE OF US know anything about the guy other than what the publicity machines told us.

Me, I never felt he was an actual child molester.
    Most child molesters are family members, not outsiders
    (except for the occasional bad priests we hear about - and they are trusted insiders, if not actual "family")

I never knew him personally, I have no direct knowledge,
    but he really seemed more like a lost child than anything else ...
    ... just a kid that wanted other kids for friends, and as a gay women,
    I know firsthand that the world (people) are astonishingly cruel if you seem at all different.

But - considering his net worth, I am sure there were plenty of people that figured they could accuse him,
    that everyone would believe them, and that they'd have an easy chance to grab a pot of his money.

There are some serious litigious ba$tards in this country.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information