Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
I don't tolerate child molesters - and its an insult to imply otherwise,
but NONE OF US know anything about the guy other than what the publicity machines told us.

Me, I never felt he was an actual child molester.
Most child molesters are family members, not outsiders
(except for the occasional bad priests we hear about - and they are trusted insiders, if not actual "family")

I never knew him personally, I have no direct knowledge,
but he really seemed more like a lost child than anything else ...
... just a kid that wanted other kids for friends, and as a gay women,
I know firsthand that the world (people) are astonishingly cruel if you seem at all different.

But - considering his net worth, I am sure there were plenty of people that figured they could accuse him,
that everyone would believe them, and that they'd have an easy chance to grab a pot of his money.

There are some serious litigious ba$tards in this country.
Very good points all, you got that right there Heather.

Now, about this.... Cocaine! Who here remembers this one? "I get a kick from Cocaine!" (Cole Porter? am I close) I like Satchmo's version of it.
Also there's the more popular modern version which we are all familiar with:
"When YOu want to get down you gotta... take her out....Cocaine!"
(its just a fun word to pronounce, try saying it in public)
Of course it brings people together, otherwise it would not be so popular. Not like meth, for which there are no iconic songs written about its virtues , I guess because it does not have any! other than f___ing up your life & making it so that those teeth whitening strips become basically useless!

(Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not the views of the forum & should not be misconstrued as an endorsement for cocaine, which is bad! and are expressed solely for entertainment purposes & perhaps the odd chuckle)