Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: JOHNAEC's Funeral and Memorial Service

Might there be a link to an obituary?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Might there be a link to an obituary?
    I to would be interested in reading his obituary.

Info on Jonh AEC's obituary, etc.

Hi:

I've never posted to a board like this, so hope I'm doing it right. I'm Lisa, JohnAEC's little sister.

You can read John's obituary here:

www.ahlbergfuneralchapel.com

Donations in his name to:

Animal Sanctuary and Care Society, 669 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA 94965

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA1046.html

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Lisa

Lisa, thanks for your help -
    our hearts and our prayers go out for you and the rest of his family on your loss ...

And Zilch - thanks for the pointer!
    We're on opposite ends of the country, so I didn't know him face to face ...

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Welcome to the LHF Lisa and dearly sorry for the loss of your brother John.

Thanks for the link Zilch interesting read on John’s biography.

Remembrance:

John had been ill for several months and intense chemotherapy was scheduled to begin soon. He couldn't stand or sit without considerable discomfort, yet he said I and another friend, who had not heard any of John's audio systems, could come visit, but we'd have to keep it brief. His coffee table was loaded with gear, and he ran it all, three different setups, as I recall, from a laptop there, sitting on the couch.

Last to play was his favorite JBL 4430s, large studio monitors with really big sound, and "rock the house" bass. He cranked them, and it was as if a spell came over him: he got up, stood in front of the speakers, and played air bass guitar for us with perfect timing and all of the moves, so natural, as if he'd been doing it all of his life. He had, of course, but for me, this was his most memorable performance ... ever.

Goodbye, John, friend....

John's favorite band:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    I hope this encourages other LH members to quit smoking now its not the way to go.

Oh Heavens! Where have I been?

I just saw this!

John sent Lisa and I a photo cd with all of his gear and said that he was having some health problems and needed to liquidate some things. That was a very short time ago.

But today, I see this thread! Oh John... It was a real pleasure to know you through this forum! Your emails and phone calls were always fun, and so very imformative!

From Lisa and I,
    Rest in Peace and know serenity.

signed,

With a VERY sad heart,

Scott Koeller.

ps. Thanks to all who have helped John in his final days, and to his family.

(I believe flowers should be sent from the forum for the funeral or a donation to his charity of choice. What say you?)
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

Quote Originally Posted by SMKSoundPro View Post

From Lisa and I,
    Rest in Peace and know serenity.

signed,

With a VERY sad heart,

Scott Koeller.

(I believe flowers should be sent from the forum for the funeral or a donation to his charity of choice. What say you?)
    I agree - I'll make a new contribution to the site if you guys want to do a named contribution to the "Animal Sanctuary and Care Society" ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by SMKSoundPro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I agree - I'll make a new contribution to the site if you guys want to do a named contribution to the "Animal Sanctuary and Care Society" ...
    Agreed- I think it's a great idea, and would like to contribute as well.

WoW... just saw this... John we'll miss you...

JOHNAEC's Funeral

Dear Forum Members,

I have just returned from John’s funeral and wanted to let you know of my experiences while I was in Colorado.

I got there the night before the service and spent the evening with John’s brother, Steve and his wife. We had dinner and then went to see John’s parent’s and siblings, who are wonderful people, very down to earth and very kind to me.

The next morning at 10 the service was held at the chapel. It was a beautiful church in downtown Longmont and the service was attended by about 25 of John’s family and closest friends from the area. I lost it when I saw the casket. I had been in denial up to that point and it finally hit me that John was really gone.

The service began with quotes from the Bible by the pastor and some wonderful singing by a church member. Then Steve got up to make his eulogy, and he lost it as well, but he got through it. Then it was my turn and amidst all the tears was able to present mine. As my part of the eulogy, I quoted various postings on the Forum about John and got some pretty good laughs with some of them. The last person to speak was his very long time friend, Carl, who had great and funny stories about him, John and their musical beginnings. I think he was shaken as well as he was tearing at the end of his talk.

Then Steve put on a slide show of pictures of John in sequential order of his life up to the last days of his life. This was accompanied by four songs, two of which I didn’t know, the others being “Ripple” by the Grateful Dead and “Miss You” by Little Feat, another of John’s favorite bands. It was very well done and I think everyone there was moved by it.

We then went to the cemetery where the casket was placed and the pastor quoted again from the Bible. Roses were given out to family members by Steve and they all had a quite time alone together.

We then went to a beautiful B & B where the reception was held. Food and drinks were served while everyone spent a good time sharing great memories of John. The high point was the releasing of helium balloons in the air. Everyone had written a note on theirs and they were released at one time. It was very touching and I will put up a picture on the forum of that event.

John will be missed by a great many people. I personally wanted to thank all of you and your outpouring about John’s passing. I had read some of them to John at the end and he was very touched.

Yours very sadly, Rick

Thank you Rick!

For being a very good friend to John when he needed it most!

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Rick,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us here. It is so important to remember people like John because of what they shared with us. And it is because of good friends like you that we can be touched and reminded again that the world is better for good people like you, John, and his family and friends.

Thanks again...

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Thread Information