Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JOHNAEC's Funeral and Memorial Service

RIP 2009

What's been happening...

Hi Guys. I imagine a lot of you wonder where I’ve been since about last September, or why I haven’t posted too much..

Well, to make it a short story, I’ve been diagnosed with long term lung cancer, ( long term is also known as stage 4 cancer, and is considered virtually terminal ). It’s funny - both my folks are in their 80’s and have smoked like chimney flues and never a problem, while I’d average about a half pack a day.

What’s really odd is that this lung cancer has established itself in my sacrum as a bone mass growth,( the sacrum is a palm sized bone right above your tailbone - look it up in Google ), and there are just a few lesions in my lungs. They’ve done three biopsies on the mass growths in my sacrum, and have definitely verified it’s from lung cancer; probably from the lesions in my lungs that have spread to my pelvic region via the circulatory system.

Anyway, even with radiation and chemotherapy, the pain from my sacrum has only intensified - it feels like I have a bag of rocks in my butt every time I move or sit down. Apparently, the bone growth is starting to really pinch on my nerves - it’s starting to affect muscles up my sides, and it’s weakened me so much that there are numerous things I can no longer do. The best prognosis on time left is 3 - 12 months, though all the docs. admit things can always change. Fortunately, I’m able to get full disability. And while I’m in CA. right now, I’m planning on moving to an assisted living facility in CO. around August or September. Most of my family would be near, and there’d be much less at the CA end for them to deal with.

As mentioned before, this cancer thing has really made it hard to do stuff that once used to be easy. One of these is cabinet building, unless I have some capable people around to help me. But even then, my stamina only gives me about 15-20 minutes to work at a time, after which I have to rest about the same amount.

Anyway, I’ve pretty much decided I’ll have to leave the big-time JBL party, and assuming I’ll be moving to a much smaller place in CO., I’m planning on keeping either the L110’s or L80T’s I have, ( I haven’t heard the L80T”s yet because they need refoaming ). I’m also keeping the 4408A’s, and I’m still debating keeping the L20T’s. I’ll obviously have tons of stuff for sale in the near future. I'll post it here first, then for stuff that doesn’t sell here, it’s off to eBay or craigslist.

Well, that’s about all for now. I just wanted to let everyone know what’s been happening with me. I’ll be getting stuff listed soon - keep your eyes open!

Take care everyone! I’m still around for now,

John

Dont know what to say - Wow !! wish I had a wand to wave and make it normal again ,,,take care ...we need more good guys like you , not less.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

John...

I figured you just got busy with "other stuff", but the thought of health trouble had not crossed my mind. As seawolf said, "Wow". Big drag, man.

I had always guessed yours and my hearing would go before the other bits! I did not know you were a smoker .

I hope you can manage a way through this, I truly do.

I live not far - if there's anything I can do, lemme know. I could help facilitate your eBays, if you need. My feedback is 100% positive (but only 251 in number).

Here's John, August 2006 - in the blue ball cap...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems. We've never exchanged messages that I remember but I have often benefited from your posts since I became a member, and from prior ones in the archive. I wish I had something meaningful to say that could ease your pain and offer you some hope, but I am happy you will be with your family and have someone to take care of you. I've often thought of LH as one big family and it hurts when one of the family members experiences life-changing issues. We will—all of us—deal with similar issues if we haven't already, whether it be ourselves, or someone near and dear to us. Thanks for continuing to make all of us at LH a part of your life. I'm happy to help in anyway that I can, as are many of us here.

You'll be in my thoughts. All the best.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems. We've never exchanged messages that I remember but I have often benefited from your posts since I became a member, and from prior ones in the archive. I wish I had something meaningful to say that could ease your pain and offer you some hope, but I am happy you will be with your family and have someone to take care of you. I've often thought of LH as one big family and it hurts when one of the family members experiences life-changing issues. We will—all of us—deal with similar issues if we haven't already, whether it be ourselves, or someone near and dear to us. Thanks for continuing to make all of us at LH a part of your life. I'm happy to help in anyway that I can, as are many of us here.

You'll be in my thoughts. All the best.
    Anything I would come up with would essentially say all these same things...thanks for sharing- in the past, and now with this news. Keep in touch, and let us all know if there's any way we can help, even if it's just distracting you from the difficulties for a while.

Take care,

je

I am not man of many words but some are better than none I feel. I appreciate all your time put in here for many of us to read and take in, Wishing you the best,

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    John...

! I did not know you were a smoker
    That's what surprised me - half a pack a day, and they were ultra-lights. Both my parents are in their 80's and still smoke a pack a day with no related issues!

I could help facilitate your eBays, if you need. My feedback is 100% positive (but only 251 in number).
    I've got a friend from Australia staying with me 24/7 in exchange for room and board. He's already pretty good at getting eBay stuff out, and I'm saving the really good stuff for people here at the forum, though it probably won't show up for a couple weeks.

Well, that's about it. I never will get to hear those SUB1500's in the high-end stereo I was workong on, along with all the olther stuff... Hopefully, someone else will...

Take care,

John

JBL 4645
    johnaec

Whoa mate I’m sorry for what you must be going though can’t say how that makes my skin crawl, it really does. I sincerely hope that medical science can find a way to reverse it. Its too much wishful thinking I know.

Have you since laid off the cigarettes?

Drink plenty of fresh orange juice each day take a calm walk breath in the air, in quiet surrounding area, no need to get stressed out.

Stay healthy from now on

I once pleaded to my dad over 25 years ago to quit smoking. Seeing habits like stubbing a fag in dinner plate after a meal was off putting, and that was my dad doing it right in front of me.

Today my dad is anti towards smokers. He can’t bare the smell, nor can I! I can’t even tolerate it.

If young children ask me to go in shop to buy them some cigarettes, I stop and turn to them say. (NO! I will not. Buy a healthy sandwich instead and some milk. It’s got lots of goodness in it. Smoking kills)!

These are the typical kiddies that live around my area and hang around outside the shop over the road, expecting some kind person will buy them cigarettes, not knowing of the repercussions, that might follow in years to come.

Hello John

I am sorry to hear about your medical issues. I wish you the best and hope the doctors find a way to get things back under control.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Hi John,

As Bo said, if there is anything we can do, we'll be glad to help.
    I'll be glad to pop by your house again and give you and Rick a hand as/if needed.

Best of luck to you.

Widget

John, this is unwelcome and unhappy news. I've always considered you an ally to the north and someone whose friendship I'd solidify one day. Remember the weirdness with the spider's nest and the 035TiA from that shed stored L5 I picked up for you?

Your opinions have resonated with me, and I hope to keep reading them. Please stay with us.

I will keep you foremost in my thoughts and send positive energy your way every day.

Peace and love, brother. Peace and love.

Doug
    Out.

Johnaec & Me

Hi all,
    I wanted to introduce myself. Any of you who have read Johnaec’s last postings will understand his medical condition. I am his friend from Australia who has come here to help him out. One of my responsibilities is to help liquidate his collection of his JBL items. You may have seen my listings on Ebay under the seller name of RBS4000. Johnaec wanted to start by offering these less desirable items on Ebay. He wants to offer the more desirable items he has to the forum members first, due to the loyalty that he has for the forum. Please note that I know very little about audio equipment (although John is teaching me as I go).
    I have completed the inventory and you will start to see messages from us as to what he is offering. If you are looking for something, PM me and I will consult with him.
    So keep an eye out for my messages.
    Many thanks, RBS4000

Hi "R",

Thanks for taking this on. As you know I have been by and seen John's stash. I will readily vouch for the quality of the major pieces there... and John does have some very desirable JBL goodies.

Good luck with your sales.

Widget

RIP 2009

Johnaec's helper Rick

As I was proof-reading a message my helper, Rick Sullivan, was writing to post on the forum, I realized I'd made no mention of him! (I guess these meds might be a little too strong!).

Anyway, Rick and I have been friends for at least around 20 years or so. And he just moved up here from Australia to help me out 24/7 - believe me when I say I can do virtually nothing physical - Rick has been a real lifesaver!!

Just wanted to be sure he gets credit, where credit is due!

John

Rick,

Thanks for helping our long-term forum, and for many of us, personal, friend Johnaec.

+1

Thread Information