Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JOHNAEC's Funeral and Memorial Service

I'm v ery sorry to hear of your condition and I hope that modern medicine can a least ease your suffering. We've had a few friends battle cancer recently and it's amazing the developments that are happening with new treatments. I wish you the all the best as you fight your own battle with this terrible ailment.

I will also say that having done business with you in the past, you are an extremely reliable and reputable person to do business with. I (with much sadness) wish you luck as you try to find good homes for your JBLs.

My nephew is still rocking the house with your old L3's

jblnut

Sorry to hear of your travails, John. Sounds like your attitude is good.
    Mike

Sorry to hear the news!

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    " take care everyone! I’m still around for now,

John
    John, I suppose you have been personally dealing with this change in life experience for a while now. Perhaps you have come beyond the shock and, maybe, some understandable anger. I can only say that I am in awe of you and those with similar experiences who face this added challenge in life. A challenge that we cannot usually prepare for. I am so glad to hear you have some family to fall back upon. Keep us involved and let us know how you are progressing.

Truly and Sincerely, Best wishes...Dave Ferree down in San Jose
    David F
    San Jose

Hi John,

I am sorry to hear of your illness and I will always remember meeting you and the other guys in SF

Here at home we have a similar situation with my father.

It really is life changing situation and you are very fortunate to have a good friend looking after you.

Ian

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    I am sorry to hear of your illness and I will always remember meeting you and the other guys in LA.
    Errr...It was actually at Zilch's and then that pizza place - a little closer to Berkeley and San Francisco. It's the thought that counts, though...

John

It was too. . (LA is not that bad)

This will amuse you.

It was the summer of love weekend and I had to drive up to Berkeley the long way around because the main bridge was closed. Initally I took the wrong turn out of the airport and was heading south down an alternative Fwy. I should have stayed on that Fwy and then hooked a lefty over the bridge but I doubled back and took the Bay Hwy road that was clogged with traffic. On the way home after tail gating a certain red Porsche my camera slipped off the front seat and got wedged under the accelerator peddle while crossing the bridge and had to keep going. Luck was on my side and I made it to Bo's okay.

Ian

Hi John,

I am sorry to hear of your health problem and I will always remember how I got JBL components through you.

Take care,

Keith

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    It was too. . (LA is not that bad)

This will amuse you.

It was the summer of love weekend and I had to drive up to Berkeley the long way around because the main bridge was closed. Initally I took the wrong turn out of the airport and was heading south down an alternative Fwy. I should have stayed on that Fwy and then hooked a lefty over the bridge but I doubled back and took the Bay Hwy road that was clogged with traffic. On the way home after tail gating a certain red Porsche my camera slipped off the front seat and got wedged under the accelerator peddle while crossing the bridge and had to keep going. Luck was on my side and I made it to Bo's okay.

Ian
    LOL that was funny.

You’re a funny bugger sometimes.

Well I think it helps to dwell on funny past times than on the situation which frankly can only be fully appreciated by those directly involved.

Life is often about living the moment after all.

My other story of American humour was watching Bo struggle for about 15 minutes while he tried to push an oval port into a round hole of an auto loudspeaker enclosure for his daughter's friend.

I looked at the kid an the kid looked at me while Bo fumbled with the port. I then said to Bo gimmy the kit and I fitted the right port (I found in the kit) in about 10 seconds.

Bo being Bo chucked a mini fit (sshheet) while we pissed our pants laughing.

You had to be there ..it was a real cracker.....

Then there was the time really early on in what was probably the 1st version of the forums where Bo ragged someone about his 4311 in what was humour but it was taken the wrong way and he nearly got chased out of town by the hoards. It was like an evil spirit ha been woken from deepest , darkest hell or he had stired up a hornets nest. That thread went on and on...

Don later wrote a really cool post about the history of the 4311-10.

JBL 4645
    Ian, I sure hope your humour tickles johnaec, though these stressfully times. I see no reason why one should have too suffer like this.

Obsolete
    Well John, I am speechless...

If there is anything any of us can do please let us know.

You're in our thoughts and prayers my friend.

From the edge of the earth - hello, John.

I just read about what has happened - I don`t have the words I should...

I want you to know how much joy your old speakers bring my family and I, every day.

More importantly, I don`t make friends easily, but you left an immediate and lasting impression on me. Your kindness towards an uninformed stranger was simply remarkable, John.

I am fortunate to have met you, truly.

I appreciate that the physical distance between us will make this offer appear hollow - but if there is anything you think I can do please let me know.

Take care my friend

Mark

I promise to be less of a stranger than I have been...

Hang In There John!!!

John my friend,

I just found out about your condition today from Widget. I can't believe it! As others have offered, just say the word and I'm on my way down to help with anything I can! I still have my pick-up and would be more than happy to help move things, pick up and/or deliver, what ever you need, I MEAN IT!

Just don't give up man, fight it all the way!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mark

John I am very sorry to hear of your situation, and wish the best for you.

I have a friend who was diagnosed with a blood disease that from the doctors' estimates should have finished him off nearly three years ago. He has good days and bad days, but he still plays a mean guitar. I hope that it is the same for you... the doctors try but they don't know everything.

Thread Information