Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: JOHNAEC's Funeral and Memorial Service

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    John had been ill for several months and intense chemotherapy was scheduled to begin soon. He couldn't stand or sit without considerable discomfort, yet he said I and another friend, who had not heard any of John's audio systems, could come visit, but we'd have to keep it brief. His coffee table was loaded with gear, and he ran it all, three different setups, as I recall, from a laptop there, sitting on the couch.

Last to play was his favorite JBL 4430s, large studio monitors with really big sound, and "rock the house" bass. He cranked them, and it was as if a spell came over him: he got up, stood in front of the speakers, and played air bass guitar for us with perfect timing and all of the moves, so natural, as if he'd been doing it all of his life. He had, of course, but for me, this was his most memorable performance ... ever.

Goodbye, John, friend....

John's favorite band:
    Very fitting tribute and rememberance Zilch, which I could have been there!

As Zilch knows, I purchased John's 4430's a few days before he passed away. He bought them from me about 3 years ago. I can't tell you how bad I felt when I took them out of his house. It was like John was losing some great friends which, in a way, he was! I think about him every time I play them. He was very fortunate to have close friends like Rick to help him out in the end!

Mark

Joh's travel to Heaven

Hi all,

I want to thank those of you who posted your best wishes for John. It has meant a lot to me.

Please see the pics of the balloon release that occurred at the reception. It was the idea of John’s sister in law and made the day. Everyone got a helium balloon and was required to write a passing message for John. Then the balloons were released. The event was very moving and all loved doing it. (I am not in the pics as I was taking the photos.)

I am still plugging away with John’s inventory and have a long way to go still. I am here for two more months, before moving to Oklahoma to start a new life, whatever that may be. I am working every day to help get John’s affairs in order and get his house ready for sale by the time I go. I have the full support of John’s family and they have great with helping me get through this ordeal

As most of you know, I know nothing about his gear, but he did teach me a lot prior to his passing. I now know how to check an Ohm setting and see if there is rubbing, but that is it. (Does that mean I am a pro now?) J

John was a great guy, generous and kind to a fault. I know that I will miss him deeply as many of you will as well.

It is very lonely at the house here now without him. Now it is just me and the outdoor cat who is only interested in eating and a very adept duck and run artist when it comes to being petted or handled.

My sincerest thanks to Zilch for being my technical backup now that John has passed on and I can’t ask him questions that I needed to know about how to properly write a listing.

Again, thanks to you all for your kindness and wonderful remembrances of him

Yours truly, Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Yo Rick

Rick, we should all be so lucky to have a friend like yourself. We wish you well in your new life wherever it takes you.

Take care

Ken

What a beautiful way to honor someone. Send my best condolences to the family and friends of John.

Hopefully John's posts.......

will live on in this forum as a reminder of what an insightful and intelligent fellow he was. I will miss his contributions and easy demeanor.

Hi Rick,

You did a great job.

John will be missed by all of us here.

Ian

John at Ian's Berkeley Pizza & Beer Luncheon 9/2/07

Front left:

Thread Information