Thread: Receiver Near Subwoofer - Safe?

Receiver Near Subwoofer - Safe?

Is it safe to have a receiver this close to a subwoofer, and would there be any detrimental effects towards the components?

The subwoofer isn't connected to anything at the moment, but I'm planning to buy an amplifier for it real soon.

I'd imagine the constant vibrations won't be good for the internals, so I'm thinking of buying a small table to elevate the receiver above the subwoofer. Would that have any positive effect, or would it be a lost cause?

Thanks for reading, and I'd appreciate any input.

Aside from the vibration from the sub (which wouldn't be good for the internals of the amp), I would be concerned about the heat from the amp affecting the internals of the subwoofer. I have a relative of your amp (mine is the H/K AVR630) and it gets fairly warm, so I keep it on a shelf by itself, with nothing on top of it, and more than 6" of airspace above it.

I would invest in a proper stand for your gear, and move the sub to a spot by itself (usually in the corner of the room, but you should experiment for yourself for the best placement).

JBL 4645
    Experiment with an RTA free version and see which location is the most best suited for the sub to listening area. You must have dozens of spots to place the amp dozens.

That’s like placing a glass of water on the amp and saying, its safe! Thou I wouldn’t advise doing that.

Thread Information