Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
In a recent conversation of knowledgable folk on another forum, one person described the sound from compression drivers with titanium diaphragms as the classic ice pick to the forehead sound.

I never really found them to be harsh or outwardly forward but I suppose I enjoy horns in general but I beleive many do not.

...anyway, I suppose this is an amusing description by one who does not.
I guess I really don't understand the point of this thread. We've been over the various diaphragms and why they exist in lurid detail.

What I've learned is that everyone thinks the aluminum diaphragms sound better until they have to put out $568 for a pair of new ones. Then they suddenly think titanium at $276 a pair sound just as good.

I won't even bring up the magnesiums or berylliums because they aren't sold at Walmart.

The aquaplased titanium diaphragms are perfectly fine for 99.99999% of consumers, especially after you tell them the price of moving up. That's just the way it is.

And JBL's number one selling large format Studio Monitors of all time ran titanium diaphragms without aquaplas... which means that anyone who thinks they suck should probably look at the rest of the JUNK in their audio chain first...