Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd east coast LHS social event

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    are the 5 of us so far good on the date? anybody still using pencil rather than stone in their calendar?
    Whatever you decide - its cool for us!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

that's 1 any others?
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

As far as I know at this point, that day is fine. My Mom was just hospitalized for some tests that may change those plans over the next week or so but all's clear so far for July 11th.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

So far so good for me

Sorry to hear about your mom Mr. B- Hope the tests go OK and all is well.

I'm still a maybe, but can't really plan too far ahead these days, so you shouldn't change anything on my account. 7/11 works so far.

Might want to take this off-forum to e-mails as things whittle down.

je

Only 5 official people (expecting but not counting Emma ) people so far no need to go off line until we break a couple hundred or so the more the merrier or better more JBLs

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

I should be able to make that date, might come down before then and show Mark what his system in the main room is really doing with my RTA mike setup. There is nothing like data when it comes to setup. I'm getting a better laptop soon, I need a faster one than what I have.

If anyone wants to bum a ride with me that's fine. I might be able to bring 1 or two more.
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

6 and that would more than awesome Duane!

2 more , both responded to email, 1 use to be here more often still into JBL the other is a friend, more a free lance kind of guy with some JBLs. Both asked what time?

So that is the next question what time, for guidance, will people be here? I am scheduling nothing all day or night so about 8 am (9 if I should shower )till 2 am is good guide line for me, I don't have to drive anywhere

Mark

Sorry just got back from buying tires for my CRV ... (blew out a right rear at high speed last night just below Fredricksburg, on the way back from Norfolk!) -
    Anyway - lets start earlier, if possible - maybe noon or so ... I think that would be easier on the folks who are travelling a long way ...
    I mean - we're nearby, but some folks are a L O N G way off ...

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    2 more , both responded to email, 1 use to be here more often still into JBL the other is a friend, more a free lance kind of guy with some JBLs. Both asked what time?

So that is the next question what time, for guidance, will people be here? I am scheduling nothing all day or night so about 8 am (9 if I should shower )till 2 am is good guide line for me, I don't have to drive anywhere

Mark
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Sorry just got back from buying tires for my CRV ... (blew out a right rear at high speed last night just below Fredricksburg, on the way back from Norfolk!)
    Eek! High speed blowouts are never a good thing! Glad everything went without incident!

Anyway - lets start earlier, if possible - maybe noon or so ... I think that would be easier on the folks who are travelling a long way
    I'm roughing I'm about 2-2.5 hours away, and yeah ... I'd like to shower first too . Noon would be good for me.

P.S., if all goes to plan, I might have a "newer school" addition to what I can bring down, if someone can bring an active crossover (hint, hint. )

Sorry just got back from buying tires for my CRV ... (blew out a right rear at high speed last night
    Glad you're okay.

For those of us curious car geeks: Define "high speed". And "blew out". Were these the OE tires? Brand? Knowing you, the tire pressure was likely recently checked. Any sign of a puncture? I know a guy who's a tire-failure-forensics expert in the auto industry. He'd be curious to know, too.

Crappy tires on a decent vehicle is like a bad re-surround! Offensive to nearly all the senses.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Glad you're okay.

For those of us curious car geeks: Define "high speed". And "blew out". Were these the OE tires? Brand? Knowing you, the tire pressure was likely recently checked. Any sign of a puncture? I know a guy who's a tire-failure-forensics expert in the auto industry. He'd be curious to know, too.

Crappy tires on a decent vehicle is like a bad re-surround! Offensive to nearly all the senses.
    Speeds was 70 - 80 MPH - prob 75mph ... I'd just passed a sign that the 2 left lanes were to be closed for construction/maint, then, bladda BLADDA BLADDA BLADDA - sounded just like I'd drifted onto the shoulder onto those wake-up thinges, but I hadn't. It was after midnight on Monday morning, pitch black, no street lights and Semis roaring by at 75 or so ...
    Emma shot 2 cans of fixaflat into it, and we slowly drove 2 miles into Fredericksburg to an Exxon with lights where I changed the tire.
    Fortunately, the alloy rim survived.

Orig tires were prolly Bridgestone (like the spare), these were Uniroyal Tigerpaws that were on it when I bought it at 36,000 miles - now at 74,000 miles.
    Anyway, now it has 4 Yokohamas. 205R70x15 - $330 - ouch!

But the manual says AWD drive vehicles should have matched tires (viscous fluid type transfer case) ... so it had to be another Togerpaw (out of stock ) or 4 x something else ...

Just sold the old HK AVR 335 for $200 saturday - that was supposed to be money towards the newer receiver ... sigh ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That looks like a re-tread to me, but it's tough to tell from the pic. I wonder if the tread pattern matches with OEM.

We're looking to replace our CR-V's tires this month, let us know how you like the new ones.

Glad you're OK...

je

Hi all,

BMWCCA pointed this thread out to me. I'm interested in joining you all for the LHS social event (if that is okay). Unfortunately, I don't have any JBL gear to share (currently own Klipschorns+Cornwalls). I have other components that I may be able to bring.

I found that the social event is on July 11th - can anyone tell me the location?

Thanks
    D

Thread Information