Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd east coast LHS social event

2nd east coast LHS social event

Starting this thread so we can post just about anthing and the thread starter won't worry about off topic stuff!

TO answer your question Phil:

The 250 TI are functional. have not mounted the XO externally to get rid of some vibrations by the TIBQ XO mounted in the TI location. I have started acquiring parts. If you run a bass test disc there is some vibrations, not as much as in the house but there. The 2nd set of TI are waiting for the reconed woofers, at least 1/2 way done but I don't hurry his work and aside from this there wouldn't be any real hurry. 1 of the 2nd set of 250 is pulling duty as center channel but needs that woofer refoamed and that would become a spare woofer when the other 2 come back

Duanage and I are working on some barter/cash deal to get my spare 120TI 128h woofers refoamed along with a spare 2245 (for the b460) and some Dahlquist woofers refoamed. I am no longer the owner of any proIII speakers , subwoofers or parts

Some l20t on adcom 400 pre amp and gfa 555 with a low end Velo sub in another room which will get the spare 120Tis when they finished w/refoam complete , not as good a set up as I thought it would be with the l20t.

On the DQ 10 set up upstairs I have replaced the woofers, a vast improvement , need to track down some virations there too but that set up sounds pretty good with the DBX's b460 clone and matching amp

Basement has some l20t3 in the ping pong room, sounds like I would expect, hard surfaces, poorly placed but almost as good sound as the l20t set upstairs

Bedroom is a 2 channel JVC receiver dq-28 speakers sound fine,nothing exceptional but fine, mainly tv watching

Wiring still could use attention , especially in main setup, and the the SMS-1 connected but not calibrated, could be done before guests arrive

Thats most of it, the 3 Perreauxs are left in the basement, the 2 6000 passive biamp the main 250s and the 3000is bridged on the center. a 2nd adcom 555 is bridged on the b460 and the built in amps in the sony receiver for the 4 surround 120tis

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Cool. Sounds like plenty of toys to keep us off the street for an afternoon.

I'm in, and somewhat flexible as to the day.

If we're doing amps and speakers, I could conceivably contribute all or some of these:

Crown PS-200 x 2
    Crown PS-400 x 2
    Soundcraftsmen Pro-Power-Four
    JBL L7
    JBL L5
    JBL L1
    4412A
    L20T
    L96

Plenty of pre-amps, too, if needed.

Thanks.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

The bi-amp rack is (temp) offline so I can upgrade my horn drivers as time allows ...

So, for Amps I could bring the Citation, or pull a JBL/UREI amp (6230 and/or 6260) ...
    (all but the Citation is XLR fare) ...

For processing I could bring the Ashley active crossover, or the Yamahahahahaha 1/3 octave EQ

For speakers - I could haul the L100T/3s - or those new L20T3s

and there's always Ducklipz ... (waiting for 1 inch adapterz)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

It is what ever you want it to be, bring what you want. I am offering what i have. If i get any pointers to help my system I am happier. The more Items I hear the better but i am not in charge just providing a space.

I hope somebody else comes up with a theme or goal for this one. And I hope we can get a couple more people, Baltimore have anybody ? Duaneage might be talked into coming down. I have a friend I bet will stop by and maybe Steve Volmer who I met on this site and anybody else, just repl in this thread

So far the theme is amplifiers, maybe preamps and keep the different speakers to minimum? just a thought

anyway post away...

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Well, since you asked..................

I'm within driving distance and am always on the hunt for similarly minded friends. Certainly don't want to be an interloper, but I do the VA/DC/MD corridor for clients all the time and it would be a welcome diversion to head down for a JBL love fest

In terms of speaker contributions, I can bring down L46's, Control 5's, Control 10's and if anyone would actually be interested E30's. For amplification, I've got several vintage Luxman integrateds/receivers, a Luxman CX-100 pre-amp, a McIntosh MC7150 amp, a Yamaha RX-797 receiver, a later model H/K AVR receiver (can't remember the model number) a NAD receiver, and a crap load of generic stuff (AKAI, Kenwood, etc.) In short, I've got a closet full of stuff that rarely sees the light of day and would likely appreciate getting some air!

No offense taken if your roster's full for this one, but I'm not that far if anything I can bring would contribute to the gathering

Best,
    - Mike

We've added 1! Welcome, fresh blood . As far as what to bring we will expound on that as details start to emerge. Do you have anything you would like accomplish? last I remember it was going to be a small speaker shout out now maybe amplifier/preamp shoot out (with a few different speakers of course)

and lastly we need to pick a date...so far on the weekend is my only push , which one???

Mark

I'd go for another comparison theme. It would seem we could tackle 250ti v. L7 easily and quickly and then use one or the other to compare amps as well. If anyone's interested we could also tackle passive-bi-amp/bi-wire comparisons with the L7 or the 250 using pairs of the same amps. Comparos of the smaller JBLs was a recent thought and it looks like we have plenty of candidates for that! There's also the possibility of answering that age-old L5 v. L7 comparison but that probably interests an audience beyond what we'll have here. I can always set that up myself later to avoid too much swapping and confusion this time.

Any more takers?

When? Not this weekend or the next for me, and many won't want to give up their Fourth weekend, either. Does July 11th work for the host or anyone else?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks for the welcome!

I agree that a weekend would work best; I also can't give up the 4th - it's our 8 year anniversary and if I want to live to listen to my JBL's for another year I probably shouldn't be away any day that weekend!

In terms of objectives, I'm wide open but I think someone had mentioned a pair of L96's earlier . I've listened to them before but always wanted to hear them side by side with the L46's. Otherwise, I can bring whatever I have to support what anyone else would like to see happen.

Yeah, I've got the factory-re-coned L96s bought from an LH list member recently. They're nice for their size. I believe the L5 kicks their butts, likewise for the 4412A, of course, and maybe even the L112 but I don't have the latter in the same room. But it's all in what sound you're looking for. The L96 is clean and balanced and you can listen to them forever, but it does have a size disadvantage if the mission is solid, deep bass. That's not a fault, just an observation. I'm happy to bring them along.

One comparison I've not had the chance to do yet is the L96 v. the 030/C37. I think that would be a close one and a great listening experience, old crossovers and all.

Emma and I are tentatively up for July 11th at the Opihaus - if thats the date and place ...

Where do we park??
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

just hand the keys to the valet!

I have either a large driveway or a tight 4 car drivway w/patio/basketball court depends on needs. and side streets if needed

Lets float July 11th out there and see what happens

Mark

I'm intrigued, let's see how it pans out. Maybe Phil & I can van-pool.

Power I can bring:

Crown DC300A (Phil might have one, too)
    JBL/Urei 6260 (Heather has one, too)
    Yamaha P2100 (can bring 2...or 3...or 4)
    Adcom GFA 2535 (can bring 2)
    Nakamichi RE-1
    Denon PMA-920

Speakers:

4401s modded with 033 tweets
    L20T3s (already represented, I think)
    L100 Centurys
    L110s
    HP420s
    L46s (already offered)

Processing:

Rane THX44 EQ (have to talk with Opi about that one...)

je

BTW parking is not a real issue at all!

Mark

Well, I can prestage the VA crowd at my place - and we can Vanpool together or something ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    I'm intrigued, let's see how it pans out. Maybe Phil & I can van-pool.

Power I can bring:

Crown DC300A (Phil might have one, too)
    JBL/Urei 6260 (Heather has one, too)
    Yamaha P2100 (can bring 2...or 3...or 4)
    Adcom GFA 2535 (can bring 2)
    Nakamichi RE-1
    Denon PMA-920

Speakers:

4401s modded with 033 tweets
    L20T3s (already represented, I think)
    L100 Centurys
    L110s
    HP420s
    L46s (already offered)

Processing:

Rane THX44 EQ (have to talk with Opi about that one...)

je

are the 5 of us so far good on the date? anybody still using pencil rather than stone in their calendar?

Thread Information