hello!

as some of you might know, i have currently a four-way diy system going with the great 2360 as the centerpiece.
since the new arrived subs are working great, i now want to start reworking the satellites, the front-cabinets.

----------------------
information about the current state:
(links=pdf):

*the horn plays wide range ~8ooHz to ~1okHz, its the centerpiece of the system: JBL 2360 with 2"compressiondriver JBL 2450.

*above it plays the ol' JBL 2405, but it will probably be replaced with the 2404, after testing.

*bass is handled by the JBL 2206, reaching from ~69Hz to ~8ooHz in CB internal volume ~6o litres (XO has to change to ~1ooHz, thats important)

*subbass, provided by 2 subwoofers (stereo) with 2x18 each in BMC RiPol. (no idea about sensitivity here...)

*controlled by 2xbehringer DCX2496 digital XO.

------------------------
lets discuss some sketches and ideas that haunt me:

first, id like to modify a pair of JBL 4310-cabinets to house the 2206 and maybe tweeters. ports closed of course.
since i would like the crossoverpoint not lower than 1ooHz, this could probably work out. but im not sure...
---> QUESTION: does anyone know the exact internal volume of the 4310??

since i like the woofer nearly on earheight, the small box would have to be liftet. under it i can imagine putting all the electronics.
sketches seen here:
(i didnt ask, but: thanks ratitifb! i used your iconic picture for this grafix)

------------------------

thinking about it, building new from scratch could bring some advantages. here is a design based on the 4350 (tweeter could be swapped around like seen obove):

partially used kenricksound-pictures to work with: www.jbl43.com.

going further, i could also use my beloved JBL 2123. i know it well and always enjoy hearing it. but adding a 1o-inch to a 12-inch?
thats small steps... better think 15": i always liked the easy of big 15" two-ways play. got class! i would get a new JBL 2226 starting at 8oHz going to maybe 3ooHz, then the 1o" to 1kHz at the max.

pros:
fast attack, solid bass: efficient and snappy!

cons:
another XO point in the voice area, costs a lot of money, costs a lot of space...

misc. thoughts:
highpass the 15" above 8oHz is mean, pointless, but necesarry doe to the subwoofer concept (different story). on the other side, lowpassing the 1o" around 800Hz isnt very smart either.
with this setup i would have to reduce ingenuity on at least one of these three brilliant drivers: the 15", the 1o" or the magic horn, and thats all not very promising.

anyway, here some sketches based on the 4344:

another thing i cant get off my mind is a horn or maybe waveguide added to the 12".
based on the A7 design, i played around a little not caring much about the right proportions of the waveguide or int. volume of the box.
you get the idea:

thanks for any thoughts on this, im really looking forward to discuss this next step for me and my little system.

cheers,
mikey

ps: yes, i know theres already a thread about my system, but i need a new start. so...