Thread: Altec 6418 RFE - Infos ??

Altec 6418 RFE - Infos ??

Greetings. Can anyone tell what the ALTEC 6418 RFE are made for ? Stage monitors ? Any home audio possibilities with them ? Also, what are the components (bass speaker reference ? Driver reference ? Tweeter reference ?...). I checked the Altec library online looking for technical informations but didn't find anything about them. I have the possibility to buy a pair right now here but need to identify all components at first. I really appreciate your help. Thanks. Serge (France)

Here's a pair for sale...... looks similar to 816 cabinets, but the port area looks larger to me.

http://www.zikinf.com/annonces/dispa...annonce=441531

I found one reference here at Lansing Heritage, mentioning the 418 woofer, which is a musical instrument driver.

I wonder if this was a foreign market design..... all of the references I see are in French.

Identify 6418 RFE components

Goodwill music : thanks for your response and for the AD. When you say that it may be a "foreign market design" do you mean that those may have been built OUT of the USA ? This would explain why there is no record in the ALTEC library, then ? Still, right or wrong there should be some technical components records somewhere, yes ? What I like about those is very large size of the "voice" (very open). It reminds me of the WE15A...

Quote Originally Posted by sonus65 View Post
    Goodwill music : thanks for your response and for the AD. When you say that it may be a "foreign market design" do you mean that those may have been built OUT of the USA ?
    That, I have no idea on. I've heard some that some of the Japanese models were actually assembled by other companies using Altec parts. I think Altec made some Japanese specific models, too.

This would explain why there is no record in the ALTEC library, then ? Still, right or wrong there should be some technical components records somewhere, yes ?
    I suspect much of the library has come from US sources, and there would be little reason for foreign market brochures, catalogs, or spec sheets to be here in the US.

Thread Information