Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL 4411 Control Monitor score

JBL 4411 Control Monitor score

Hi everyone....... after owning a pair of L100's for a few years and using them in my home studio I had the itch to try the 4311's . Today I woke up and found an excellent pair of 4411's on my local Craigslist for a reasonable price. I need to refoam these which is no problem but until I do I was hoping for a bit of commentary on these as there is not much info out there on these. Lots of info on the 4311's but not much on these. Any info even subjective sound commentary is very welcomed in this thread. Cheers!

majick47

JBL 4411 Control Monitor Score

Pro version of L112 if I remember correctly, should sound just as good. Curious as to price you paid for them since I also have seen 4411 for for sale needing refoam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Lots of info on the 4311's but not much on these. Any info even subjective sound commentary is very welcomed in this thread. Cheers!
    Get your foam kits from Rick Cobb. The 128H woofer used in the 4411 had a couple different cone diameters and Rick will get you the right ones. Do it right and you'll love the result.

What you have is a far better monitor than the 4311 and as the owner of the consumer version L112, I can tell you they have a great sound. I'm told yours have an even better network than the L112 though I've never compared them. Enjoy!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I paid $200... They are near mint plus I got a Marantz Model Thirty console amp(Integrated 60wpc) thrown in for $20 extra.... needs work has a hum probably a bad cap.

Can't wait to get them re-foamed. I liked my L100's enough to keep an eye open for the studio versions when these fell in my lap today. I will probably have my speaker guy re-foam these as he has re-foamed dozens of speakers for me and always does a killer job. Didn't know there were different size foam kits for this model.

HI, Gannon,

Like you, I found a very nice pair of 4411's for just $200. I thought that was a fantastic price, and after our very own Edgewound refoamed them, they sound very nice, indeed! Had I found them before we got our L300's, I would have added a nice subwoofer, and been done with my JBL needs. They sound that good! However, I got the 4411's after we'd already gotten used to our L300's, and both Sweet Bride and I prefer the sound of the L300's. This is not to say the 4411's don't sound great, because they do, indeed! It's just that we prefer the horns of our L300's, and the deeper bass, too. But, add a sub to your 4411's, just to help out with the LVB, and you'll have a combo that's hard to beat! Congrats on scoring yours, and have fun with them. May we see some photos of the, please? Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

I will probably have my speaker guy re-foam these as he has re-foamed dozens of speakers for me and always does a killer job. Didn't know there were different size foam kits for this model.
    Just make sure he knows they go on the back of the cone! Apparently JBL used two-different size cones. So far all of mine (4) have used the larger surround (larger than a "stock" 12" surround) but weren't all the same size! Here's how Rick describes it:
    The standard 12" woofer cone diameter used in the loudspeaker industry is 9.50 inches in diameter.
    The majority of JBL 12" woofers and passive radiators in the field that were produced over the years have incorporated a larger diameter cone.
    Due to different production runs these "larger" JBL cones can actually measure anywhere from 9.60" ~ 9.75" in diameter. The majority of these larger type cones measure very near 9.75" in diameter.
    JBL has also sold speaker systems with 12" woofers and factory replacement re-cone kits using "smaller" diameter cones that measure between 9.4" ~ 9.5" in diameter. These "smaller" JBL cones never measure over 9.5" in diameter.
    This smaller 9.5" cone has been incorporated into in some of the woofers used in the L150 systems and into some 2214H woofers used in other various JBL systems.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks for all the info guys..... I will give my speaker guy the info and post some pics as soon as I can figure out how to do it here. I would love to find a pair of L300's for my main system but they would not fit for my small home studio application I purchased them for. My main stereo system/home theater has Polk SDA 1C's driven by a Sansui BA-5000 300wpc amp controlled by my Sansui AU-20000 170wpc Integrated which also drives pair of Infinity WTLC's with the famous Walsh super tweeters.

majick47

JBL 4411 Control Monitor Score

Gannon I'm sure you will love the 4411 and $200 was a great price.

I will . . . post some pics as soon as I can figure out how to do it here.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/f...b3_attachments

Ok here are some pics..... hopefully this works
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Beeeautiful!

Thumbs up

Nice score - they look well cared for, and at $200 appear to be an excellent find!

They are cosmetically very nice..... and I haven't even cleaned them up yet. There are a couple small scuffs in the veneer that I may try and touch up but otherwise they are great. I pulled the woofs today and should have them re-foamed and rocking out sometime soon.

Wow - they look very nice, refoams will be worthwhile - you did real good!

They are cosmetically very nice..... and I haven't even cleaned them up yet. There are a couple small scuffs in the veneer that I may try and touch up but otherwise they are great. I pulled the woofs today and should have them re-foamed and rocking out sometime soon.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information