Thread: JBL CR-40 Harkness and More JBL

JBL CR-40 Harkness and More JBL

Went to a garage sale over the weekend that advertised stereo equipment. Saw a single JBL Lancer 77 in the driveway. Rang the doorbell for 10 minutes. House was a mess inside. :Bigger mess outside. "Stereos" were various PA amps, vhs, etc.. Then I noticed some huge boxes in a corner. Moved one of the grills and a JBL D130 fell out. Pulled out the box and the back fell off. Had a JBL plaque and a CR-40 label. No pots just simple speaker clips. Nothing else in the box. Got other box out and started unscrewing he back and noticed it had no label or i.d.. It was also sawed in half. After about two dozen screws I gave up and went in from the front. Nothing at all inside . Seller's GF told me there was another speaker in a back room. Ran back and found an ... L100, oh well. Struck a deal and got all the JBLs for $8. Mid on the L100 is frozen but all the other drivers check out fine. Went back a couple days later to see if I could find the legs, no luck. But, in the backyard I stumbled across what may have been an Electro Voice Cardinal literally dissolving . Pulled out an EV T350 VHF driver, 828 HF driver and a huge crossover, $2 for everything.
    Apparently the homeowner, quite the packrat, died and the seller is a friend/renter handling the house for out of state family. He thought the Harkness might be home built, but I wasn't so sure as the inside panels looked professionally manufactured. He doesn't remember legs but there are holes and no veneer on the one side. Still emptying the house so they may turn up. I left the boxes but can claim them if wanted. Here is how the D130 was mounted. Kills me to find only bits and pieces. Also took the back that had the i.d..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by hakka26 View Post
    Went to a garage sale over the weekend that advertised stereo equipment. Saw a single JBL Lancer 77 in the driveway. Rang the doorbell for 10 minutes. House was a mess inside. :Bigger mess outside. "Stereos" were various PA amps, vhs, etc.. Then I noticed some huge boxes in a corner. Moved one of the grills and a JBL D130 fell out. Pulled out the box and the back fell off. Had a JBL plaque and a CR-40 label. No pots just simple speaker clips. Nothing else in the box. Got other box out and started unscrewing he back and noticed it had no label or i.d.. It was also sawed in half. After about two dozen screws I gave up and went in from the front. Nothing at all inside . Seller's GF told me there was another speaker in a back room. Ran back and found an ... L100, oh well. Struck a deal and got all the JBLs for $8. Mid on the L100 is frozen but all the other drivers check out fine. Went back a couple days later to see if I could find the legs, no luck. But, in the backyard I stumbled across what may have been an Electro Voice Cardinal literally dissolving . Pulled out an EV T350 VHF driver, 828 HF driver and a huge crossover, $2 for everything.
    Apparently the homeowner, quite the packrat, died and the seller is a friend/renter handling the house for out of state family. He thought the Harkness might be home built, but I wasn't so sure as the inside panels looked professionally manufactured. He doesn't remember legs but there are holes and no veneer on the one side. Still emptying the house so they may turn up. I left the boxes but can claim them if wanted. Here is how the D130 was mounted. Kills me to find only bits and pieces. Also took the back that had the i.d..
    What do you realy want for your $10

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    What do you realy want for your $10
    Well, my L112 came in a $40 system with a Yamaha CR-1020, Onkyo cdc, and 40' of monster cable; first set of L100 with original boxes and packing were free from an ad on AA, so a Paragon maybe.I did see the box for the 77, maybe I should have grabbed it to make it worth my while.

Thread Information