Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL Synthesis® Calibration Experience

We made a ton of progress today, so the calibration date is near. I should know by the end of the week when it will take place.

Stay tuned.
    Out.

Chris confirmed a reservation for the JBL DACS gear for next weekend. As of now, I don't know if it will be Saturday the 13th or Sunday the 14th. Since the calibration system has been so hard to get, we'll definitely want to use it while he's got it.

From a Harman press release on the SDEC-4000 winning a CES 2008 Design and Innovation Award:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Sounds like a great opportunity to witness!

I'm sure a rare occasion for the lucky raffle winners to experience!

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Calibration Event Open

Here's how it will work.

A. You can register to participate three ways:
    1. If you are available Saturday the 13th, send me a PM and indicate "Saturday" and you'll be in that pool only.
    2. If you are available Sunday the 14th, send me a PM and indicate "Sunday" and you'll be in that pool only.
    3. If you're available both Saturday the 13th and Sunday the 14th, send me a PM, indicate "Both days" and you'll be in both pools. Whichever day it turns out the calibration takes place, you'll have a shot at attending.

B. Contact Info
    You must give me your real name and a working phone number. If you're selected to attend, I will call you direct to set up your participation.

C. Drawing
    On the evening of Wednesday, June 10, three names will be drawn from either the Saturday pool or Sunday pool as appropriate. These persons will be called immediately. I'll leave a message if the person is not there, and he or she will have a limited time of 12 hours to get back to me. If I can't reach him or her, then another name will be drawn.

If there are only three names or fewer in the appropriate pool, then all registrants will be called.

D. Donation
    Each successful participant is expected to donate $33 to Lansing Heritage. This is NOT required in advance of the drawing. It can be paid after being selected. Bo will inform me when the designated attendees have paid.

E. Participation
    1. Participants will be expected to follow Chris Neumann's directions at all times.
    2. During the lengthy calibration process, there will be opportunities to hear other systems in other parts of the house.
    3. There may be opportunities for doing some free, light work.
    4. There is no smoking in or near the house please.
    5. When in the main house, you'll have to remove your shoes. We have slippers, socks, etc., or you can bring your own. In the lower level HT, shoes are fine (for now ).
    6. Food and refreshments will be provided, cooked and eaten outdoors. I'll have some beer, soft drinks, water, and grilled food, along with salads, fruit, and snacks. Feel free to bring your own beer or other beverage if you have a special taste, but it's not a frat party.
    7. There are a lot of steps. If mobility is a problem, you might think twice about attending.
    8. The event is likely to last around four hours, from mid morning to early afternoon, though Chris will determine the exact hours. So flexibility is important.

Interested? Then PM me.
    Out.

Zzzzzzzzz

Its about like watching grass grow. wake me up when its over.

Mike Ronesia
    If this were the history of Earth, there would be humans by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baffled View Post
    That's why there's food and other systems to audition. Plus for most of us, it's a one-time experience.

I'm sure once will be enough.

Now go rain on someone else's slow-growing grass.
    Out.

Just more sour-grapes from one too far away to easily attend anyway?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Just more sour-grapes from one too far away to easily attend anyway?
    My guess is that he's been through a few, and it gets old. I wouldn't want to sit through them too often--just when I upgrade!
    Out.

JBL 4645

Don’t you mean watching paint dry. LOL thou Dome as being doing quite a bit of panting and I was staring at the picture for hours waiting for it to dry.

I don’t know how to read I’m dyslexic.

So what is this thread about?

Dome please, does this mean we get to pop along and see how its calibrated and then take home the knowledge and wisdom to perform a better EQ to calibration?

Are you going to do a video and put it up on youtube because if not I’d be supremely disappointed if this moment isn’t documented with sound and video on youtube. No dodgy wav file links I want to be able to go to youtube and see the unveiling of the Mega Dome Theater on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Here's how it will work.

A. You can register to participate three ways:
    1. If you are available Saturday the 13th, send me a PM and indicate "Saturday" and you'll be in that pool only.
    2. If you are available Sunday the 14th, send me a PM and indicate "Sunday" and you'll be in that pool only.
    3. If you're available both Saturday the 13th and Sunday the 14th, send me a PM, indicate "Both days" and you'll be in both pools. Whichever day it turns out the calibration takes place, you'll have a shot at attending.

B. Contact Info
    You must give me your real name and a working phone number. If you're selected to attend, I will call you direct to set up your participation.

C. Drawing
    On the evening of Wednesday, June 10, three names will be drawn from either the Saturday pool or Sunday pool as appropriate. These persons will be called immediately. I'll leave a message if the person is not there, and he or she will have a limited time of 12 hours to get back to me. If I can't reach him or her, then another name will be drawn.

If there are only three names or fewer in the appropriate pool, then all registrants will be called.

D. Donation
    Each successful participant is expected to donate $33 to Lansing Heritage. This is NOT required in advance of the drawing. It can be paid after being selected. Bo will inform me when the designated attendees have paid.

E. Participation
    1. Participants will be expected to follow Chris Neumann's directions at all times.
    2. During the lengthy calibration process, there will be opportunities to hear other systems in other parts of the house.
    3. There may be opportunities for doing some free, light work.
    4. There is no smoking in or near the house please.
    5. When in the main house, you'll have to remove your shoes. We have slippers, socks, etc., or you can bring your own. In the lower level HT, shoes are fine (for now ).
    6. Food and refreshments will be provided, cooked and eaten outdoors. I'll have some beer, soft drinks, water, and grilled food, along with salads, fruit, and snacks. Feel free to bring your own beer or other beverage if you have a special taste, but it's not a frat party.
    7. There are a lot of steps. If mobility is a problem, you might think twice about attending.
    8. The event is likely to last around four hours, from mid morning to early afternoon, though Chris will determine the exact hours. So flexibility is important.

Interested? Then PM me.

What’s with the donation what is the JBL on life support and needs a new transplant?

I donated a small fee a few months ago.

I get sodden THX email saying come along and lean the tricks to become THX! I can train my cat for free to tackle a bug toy, much less pay someone because he had to fork out hundreds if not thousands, but isn’t willing enough to share for FREE!

I can watch videos of the Manhattan project for free on youtube!

No Pum Dome, besides I live 17 thousands miles away and I would even pay 1p to travel much less see how its done. I wonder if there an insider that can show a video link to how its done.

Or I could pick the brains at BTS I’m sure they’ll be more than happy and willing to share for free.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Dome please, does this mean we get to pop along and see how its calibrated and then take home the knowledge and wisdom to perform a better EQ to calibration?

Are you going to do a video and put it up on youtube because if not I’d be supremely disappointed if this moment isn’t documented with sound and video on youtube. No dodgy wav file links I want to be able to go to youtube and see the unveiling of the Mega Dome Theater on youtube.

What’s with the donation what is the JBL on life support and needs a new transplant?

I donated a small fee a few months ago.
    It's a fundraiser for Lansing Heritage, not for JBL. It's meant to raise a few bucks for the Web site is all.

No video, sorry. JBL is quite particular about this system and its use. Check out the use agreement.

http://65.106.104.130:8090/JBL/Perfo...icy%20FY04.pdf
    Out.

It's official

The calibration date is Saturday. If interested, it's now Saturday only.
    Out.

Tomorrow at 10 AM it all begins, three-and-a-half months from when I first dove into the deep, so to speak. Not many were interested in coming, but we'll report anyway.

After we eat the steaks and drink the beer, of course...
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Not many were interested in coming, but we'll report anyway.
    Damn - that's actually quite shocking to me! If I wasn't on the other coast, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Nonetheless, enjoy the well-deserved experience, have a beer for me, and [as I believe it was equated to previously] have a great time enjoying your newly planted grass grow!

Mike Ronesia
    Me too. Have a great day. I know this must be up there on your list.

Thread Information