Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
...I was fascinated with the treatment in the VUE at London nice soft spongy like fabric as pictured in the VUE pictures I took last year of one two THX screens fully rigged with JBL.

It was layered with white fabric over the front I’m guessing its one of two types behind fibre or other

This is typical movie theater sound treatment -- seen round the world in thousands of theaters. It's rigid fiberglass, or mineral wool, panels attached to the wall and then covered with acoustically-transparent fabric that is pleated and mounted over the panels.

The fiberglass panels shouldn't represent a health concern for anyone once they are mounted and behind the fabric. Firstly, the rigid panels are quite dense and only shed when brushed against. And all the loose fiber gets shaken out during installation. Plus the fabric on top keeps in any remaining fibers. As long as you take precautions for installation (or have someone else handle that) and clean up the space thoroughly before "moving in," you should be fine.

But then, as others have mentioned, there are alternatives. The most popular being cotton panels that are made from recycled blue jeans.