Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Synthesis - Room Design and Treatment

Here's three quick shots of the area next to the HT and music/fitness room. The walls are insulated and there's dead air space between the new walls and the old.

This huge area has a Radon removal system in it, hence the piping and thick plastic membranes on the ground.

We'll be running cables and wiring on the outside of these walls, accessing the area from the equipment closet via the 10' metal conduit installed today.

Shot one shows the walls adjacent to the HT and music/fitness rooms. Subsequent shots pan left. Someday I'd like to finish this space, with it's 10' ceilings. It'd be nice to have a bathroom down here.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Out.

Finally the replacement S5160 arrived intact. Yay!

Man those things are heavy. The UPS guy and I struggled to get it safely down to its destination.

I also received the new projector mount, the 25' HDMI cable, and 30 yards of black crushed velvet.

I love it when a plan comes together.
    Out.

Pictures please.

Puff! Puff! Wheeze!

I now have 420 pounds of acoustical panels moved into the room. I had to move 'em myself, as the delivery guy wouldn't take them past the street--and I live a long way from the street.

Too tired to take a pic now, but will get one this weekend. That's a lot of freaking panels.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I now have 420 pounds of acoustical panels moved into the room. I had to move 'em myself, as the delivery guy wouldn't take them past the street--and I live a long way from the street.

Too tired to take a pic now, but will get one this weekend. That's a lot of freaking panels.
    If you ever have an earthquake or tornado, the house may leave but the HT room will still be sitting there with all that weight in it.

well those panels are extremely important for a good sound you can have the best speakers electronics in the world but if your room has lousy acoustics you will get midiocer sound

Lousy shots

Okay, here are some lousy shots of the panels. How many do you want to see? Some are black and some are brown. The black ones will go in the front (the proscenium) for the most part.
    Out.

Altogether there are about thirty acoustical panels, including four bass traps.
    Out.

JBL 4645

I think you have enough acoustical panels to sink a bloody battleship.

Are those pre-made or diy?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I think you have enough acoustical panels to sink a bloody battleship.

Are those pre-made or diy?
    They're pre-made. They were custom-built and shipped from Florida to California. I expected good quality and got better than I expected.

One box had a little damage--forklift penetration it looked like--that damaged one panel. So the company shipped me a new one no questions asked. Great service.
    Out.

Smile A Visitor

I just got a call from Chris Neumann, former head of JBL Synthesis®. He's driving down from Northridge this morning to look over the room and give me advice on speaker placement and acoustical panel installation.

After I follow his instructions and the work is complete, he'll come back for the calibration.
    Out.

I just got a call from Chris Neumann, former head of JBL Synthesis®. He's driving down from Northridge this morning to look over the room and give me advice on speaker placement and acoustical panel installation.

After I follow his instructions and the work is complete, he'll come back for the calibration.

Wow - thats VERY cool - congrats!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I failed to mention that Chris was referred by Ron Rouse, the current head of JBL Synthesis®.

Chris is a very cool guy, though he just gave me a lot of work to do. At least I know what I need to accomplish, and when the system is done, it will be as good as it can be.

I showed him around the house to see the JBLs, and he was excited to see all the different systems. A good time was had by all.
    Out.

Thread Information