Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sales: Bose vs JBL

This thread reflects badly on the LH forum , makes the "Lansing High School" label seem appropriate.

whatever your thoughts on the subject,,seems time to CLOSE & DELETE
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Actualy if the word gets out that Bose does a good job, say better than a control one.......well maybe we can get that to expand over to the other thread (the perfect small home theater). Hey lets keep an open mind here folks! I want to see a thread on the quality alternatives for aftermarket replacement for Bose OEM drivers. Is there any on Ebay at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    This thread reflects badly on the LH forum , makes the "Lansing High School" label seem appropriate.

whatever your thoughts on the subject,,seems time to CLOSE & DELETE
    Thank you, thank you - please - let it go, close and delete!

Its gotten WAY PETTY ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    close and delete!
    My absolute all time favorite thing to do with Internet forums.

Oh for the halcyon days when I could just delete the entire mess at will.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Thank you, thank you - please - let it go, close and delete!

Its gotten WAY PETTY ...
    I am not sure why I should be embarrassed, offended, or annoyed by this thread in particular or why it merits being closed or deleted.

I was told by a forum member that this was simply a , "I don't like BOSE< they are mean and have COOTIES" thread... sure there are elements of that, but we can find that on countless threads.

The fact that Bose is the single largest Audio company in the World is noteworthy... it is something that quite frankly hadn't dawned on me. Are we a Bose Fan Site, of course not... that is why this was posted in the General Audio Discussion area. Do we all wake every morning wondering how we can rip on Bose? No. I doubt any of us wake up with the thought of Bose at all... OK, you know at least one of you out there owns a Bose radio that is your alarm clock.

But wanting to shut down a thread simply because they don't like the topic or like what some members have posted? Come on, to me that is just plain silly. I know 4313B would advocate deleting 98% of this discussion forum, but I disagree. I think there is merit to having open discussions.

I am glad that Akira started this thread. I am glad Steve Mac shared his link. I don't agree that this thread should be closed or deleted, but one of the Moderators seems to have agreed with Seawolf97 and hjames so it has been closed.

I get to post my thoughts here because as an Administrator of the Discussion Forum I can post in a closed thread. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this thread is as important as a newbie asking how to repair his speaker or as someone showing us their finished restoration or DIY project, but to damn it because a few people had fun at Bose's expense? That is just plain silly.

Widget

Thread Information