Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jbl L300 Summit

yeah, just share images freely - its simpler and doesn't offend anyone here ...

i know, I know, I really need to take some time and build some grills ...
    but that would detract from my listening time!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I think your little water-mark or trade-mark symbol embedded in your photos is a bit over the top. If . . . IF . . . anyone wanted to copy your photos they still easily could and two seconds in Photoshop
    I know it is easier to copy than to do the work himself .. yes I know it's silly of me but
    I had a problem with a person who used my photo to sell its products.
    So for a non-commercial use, there is no problem, we are pleased to share these images.
    I do not want to offend anyone, I find here many pleasure to read and share
    and for the orange JBL logo it is just a glance on the work I have done to do the new signs of my L300 and I have delete it now.

Congrats you are going to LOVE the 300s.

hjames
    it is your 4341 in blue ?

Quote Originally Posted by midlife View Post
    Congrats you are going to LOVE the 300s.
    yes I loved them since a very long time, it's crazy as you can focus on things !

Quote Originally Posted by mm54 View Post
    hjames
    it is your 4341 in blue ?
    yes it is ... a used pair from a recording studio in Pennsylvania - but the cabinets have almost no scratches in the finish! We like them!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

L300 Woofer Question

After reading this tread, I have a question. Can the JBL 2235 woofer be a direct replacement for the 136A in a L300? I know it is not exactly the same, that is not what I am asking. What I am trying to find out is the cabinet and port appropriate and is the crossover appropriate? Or is there some modification needed if you put 2235's in the L300?

Thanks
    Scott

Morning, Scott,

Our L300's have 2235H's installed in them, and we LOVE that speaker in them!! If you drop in some 2235H's in your L300's, I believe they will work perfectly, with no retuning, or modifiying necessary. Crossover works well, too.

Were you born and raised in McKinney, or moved there later? I am from Odessa, and we were just in Texas a few days ago, visiting relatives. Great State in many ways, and I'm proud for have been raised there. I do HATE chiggers, though, as Sweet Bride and I both got a ton of bites whilst there!! I have 93 bites, and she garnered 44! Damn chiggers to hell, as far as I'm concerned!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Stupid me

Doc---- What is a Chigger ?

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Doc---- What is a Chigger ?
    Nasty little bugs out in the wild - they bite you and suck the sweet sweet blood ... and leave welts --- ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Nasty little bugs out in the wild - they bite you and suck the sweet sweet blood ... and leave welts --- ugh!
    That's putting it mildly. Brings back ugly memories of childhood summers spent learning golf in the Midwest and picking up horrible bites in the deep rough. That'll teach you to hit a straight drive! I'd be very happy never again to encounter a chigger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_mite
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Evening, Mac, and All,

Sorry I didn't make that clear in my post. I got into talking "one Texan to another" and forgot that we are an international band here at LH. Thanks for the comments and clarification, Heather and Phil. You are right in that chigger bites are really nasty and I would only wish such things on terrorists, rapists, and child molesters, but nobody else. In fact, my idea of a sort of hell, includes head to toe coverage of thousands of chigger bites!! Oh, man.... makes me itch, just thinking about it!! It's been about one week since Sweet Bride and I were initially bitten, but our bites are still very nasty, somewhat painful, and itchy. They also look absolutely horrible, with a few of them having gotten a bit infected despite our extreme care not to scratch them. Oh, well.... could have been far worse, so we'll not complain. But, beware of chiggers, my friends, as they are not fun, and that's an extreme understatement!! We found a medication at Walmart that actually seems to help with chigger bites, and it's called "Chiggerex Plus". Supposedly good for other bites, including those from the mosquito. We're just about out already, so today, I went online and found a place that sells the vials of "Chiggerex Plus", 6 for $12 plus $5 for shipping. You can bet I ordered a set, and asked for quick shipping, too!!

By the way, we really missed our L300's whilst away from home, and as soon as we returned, I fired them up and listened to some Diana Krall during some of the unloading!! It's good to be home again!! Take care, Friends, and stay clear of chiggers! God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

hi Scott from Rolf ,Steve K and 4313B hope that help you
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    The 136A woofer is the same as the 2231A woofer. These cone kits are no longer available. 2235H is a later model of "the same woofer". The re-cone for kit for your woofers is is the 2235H kits. Fits perfectly, not exactly the same, and some claim to hear a difference, I could not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Hi all,
    I just want to to pass on information that the newer JBL 2235 recone kits come with larger diameter dust caps now. If anybody is planning on having a recone done, and if 'trueness' to the original as far as appearance is important to you, it might be better to confirm the caps' size. If the caps on the old cones are still intact, you may have them removed and installed on the new recone kits. However, I'm told that audibly there's no difference with the larger caps. This information comes from a techie with Harman Int'l in Japan.
    - Steve K
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    They've been modified for bi-amping. You should go through them thoroughly to ensure the modifications have been done correctly.
    C8R2231 kits for the 136/2231 transducers have been gone for ages. I can't think of a single reason to attempt to find any either. Use the C8R2235 kits. The LE85 takes the D16R2420 diaphragm and the 077 takes the D16R2405 diaphragm.
    Yes, the alnico magnets can be recharged.

JBL L-300 Summit Brochure 1973

if anyone has the original documents on L300 SUMMIT I'm interested (if you want to separate, of course!)
    I look at this time the JBL L-300 Summit Brochure
    Name:  mm54_brochureL300Summit73.JPG
Views: 9784
Size:  17.9 KB
    contents 4 pages color salesbrochure contains photos, circuit descriptions, and specifications for the JBL L-300 Summit
    i think This Brochure was printed in 1973 but if you have another date ...

Quote Originally Posted by mm54 View Post
    if anyone has the original documents on L300 SUMMIT I'm interested (if you want to separate, of course!)
    I've had that brochure from when it was new, but I'm a pack-rat. You do know that a later version of this one (and many others) are available in electronic form in the site's library, don't you?

Dated 1976: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/.../1975-l300.htm
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

thank you BMWCCA
    yes i have the links but it is the original brochure that i want ..more difficult
    also i prefer the Dated 1976 ! it is the date of mine !

i would like also the "L300 instruction manual" original :
    this is a message from my friend ounesh
    The user manual is in black and white but the chapter titles
    are light brown on bottom.
    The paper is of good quality size 215x140mm
    This "L300 instruction manual" was supplied with a double sheet, thick format
    280x215 color. Above on the first page is the photo of the L300 and the
    4333 that the Lansing Heritage site and back a few lines on each hp

Thread Information