Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jbl L300 Summit

L300 SUMMIT use a 2235H and the B460 Passiv Subwoofer use 2245H
    I wonder if it's interesting to use a JBL B460 coupled with L300 SUMMIT ? there is a filter system JBL BX63 with the B460 connected between the amp and speakers, this does not duplicate with 2235H of L300 ?
    I have also OUT subwoofer on my Accuphase E203, and actually my L300 are connected directly on Speaker L and R.
    how the system can be connected if interesting ..
    the JBLPrice for B460 on 1993 is $2150 has the same buying power as $3181,94 in 2009 (calculing with Inflation Calculator)

Test JBL L300 SUMMIT+ Bose1801+4401

L300 test with Bose4401+1801
    I note that these are my impressions and I understand that we can have a different view .
    the sound is very well defined, the 1801 provides a gain control L & R very precise, it is necessary that the buttons are 2H to see that the meters begin to move ... LEDs are useful for controlling the gain of each channel but i prefer without! after a half hour of operation, the sound seems better
    the 4401 sets the volume at will, control of bass and treble is very precise with a very wide range! the loudness is well calibrated, 4401 can control two 1801
    The L300 follow without hesitation and Precision, I am amazed at the quality of sound, the power generated (only half volume control! no neighbors next to me), ,
    decidedly the L300 is very homogeneous, I discovered the ability of L300 and I'm very surprised !
    I am very enthusiastic, very great sound...
    I saw the 2235H vibrate with a special dynamic , the treble is very precise, clear and well-distributed, the voice is clear, warm and well-trained.
    a very good time of life, thank you JBL !
    Name:  mm54_NK-071.jpg.jpg
Views: 18276
Size:  54.2 KB

Congrats once again and as you might remember I had a pair of 300s and they NEVER dissappaointed. Also I like the different hues of the veneer in your photo.

Quote Originally Posted by midlife View Post
    Congrats once again and as you might remember I had a pair of 300s and they NEVER dissappaointed. Also I like the different hues of the veneer in your photo.
    thank you midlife, I admit that I'm lucky side "HiFi" and I like the later years of 70/80 with Bose1801 & JBL L300! this may not be the best couple but it is homogeneous, I dreamed of having a set McInstosh (MC2600 + preamp ..) but for now I keep this Bose1801 .
    maybe later I will take a 5.1 system (Idea?) I plan to find a B460 with BX63A .. with a little luck

Quote Originally Posted by mm54 View Post
    i would like also the "L300 instruction manual" original :
    this is a message from my friend ounesh
    The user manual is in black and white but the chapter titles
    are light brown on bottom.
    The paper is of good quality size 215x140mm
    This "L300 instruction manual" was supplied with a double sheet, thick format
    280x215 color. Above on the first page is the photo of the L300 and the
    4333 that the Lansing Heritage site and back a few lines on each hp
    I found an original of "L300 instruction manual", I expect it

I just received the original "L300 Instruction Manual " in good condition
    50687 OM300/76 Printed in U.S.A.
    20 pages + cover and back cover
    if anyone is interested, send me a message in MP for 1.8 Mb .pdf scan 300ppp

Congratulations

All the best to your enjoyment of these vintage loudspeakers. I've always loved my L65's but someday I know I will have to have a pair of these! They not only have a great sound but they have what I consider to be the most beautiful classic cabinet design of any speaker I have seen. The rounded edges on the Walnut cabinet and the angled front make for a unique design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertzz View Post
    All the best to your enjoyment of these vintage loudspeakers. They not only have a great sound but they have what I consider to be the most beautiful classic cabinet design of any speaker I have seen. The rounded edges on the Walnut cabinet and the angled front make for a unique design.
    Thank you Hertzz, yes these speakers are wonderful, the design is really the one I preferred to other more expensive .. this style and the sound is to my taste,
    it is a collector's item!

Quote Originally Posted by Hertzz View Post
    I've always loved my L65's but someday I know I will have to have a pair of these!
    I hope you find what you look for your pleasure !

jbl l 300

do you want them to be upgraded? ive got a new pair out of the box 20 years ago,ive changed the original caps on thheir crossovers for solen caps ,the same value,they are sounding really hi end today,as they was supossed to sound 30 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by lansing prince View Post
    do you want them to be upgraded? ive got a new pair out of the box 20 years ago,ive changed the original caps on their crossovers for solen caps ,the same value,they are sounding really hi end today,as they was supposed to sound 30 years ago
    Hi lansing prince, thank you
    can you give more details about the products replaced, what type, what brand .. with photos if you can
    you have a new crossover and kept the original or have you modified the original

Thread Information