Thread: Age Concern B&O

JBL 4645

Talking Age Concern B&O

I was in the Winton area this morning looking for new memory card for my digital camera for when I pop up to the EMPIRE in 6 ½ days from now. Anyway I popped into Age Concern no I’m not that bloody well old, but I did notice these B&Q speakers that looked like they could do with re-foaming.

The speaker is din plug type input the look was okay the sealing price was £20.00 for the pair.

I didn’t have pen on me to write down the model type and its not clear picture I must have wobbled the camera slightly.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

do they have a power cord to? B&O was infamous for powered speaker systems that were totally incompatible with anything but their own 'systems'. IMHO, most of them are more room decor than particularly high fidelity, the sound is often at best innocuous...

edit:google-whiz that I am, I found they are likely Beovox S80's, such as http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=672

They could be S120/MS120.2, it depends upon how big they are. Both are nice speakers. They are passive, B&O's are not totally incompatible with anything but their sound systems. They just use two pin DIN connectors, you can buy the connectors and hook them up to any amp you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenN View Post
    They could be S120/MS120.2, it depends upon how big they are. Both are nice speakers. They are passive, B&O's are not totally incompatible with anything but their sound systems. They just use two pin DIN connectors, you can buy the connectors and hook them up to any amp you choose.
    based on the fuzzy closeup of the front, it appears its S80, and not Sxxx. initially I thought it was 530 but S80 fits that fuzz better

Thread Information