Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looky What I Just Got - JBL L100T - One owner!

Just looked it up ... Not Sept 14, but Sept 11!
    they are in Transit - out on the truck for Delivery today- WoW!

You may get to enjoy them THIS WEEKEND - very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by JSF13 View Post
    Well they're on the way.Thanks again Heather!!!

UPS is quoting a delivery date of Sept. 14 which I find highly optimistic.

Keep you posted.

Joe

Edit. I just checked the tracking no's and it looks like they are in Canada already.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Just looked it up ... Not Sept 14, but Sept 11!
    they are in Transit - out on the truck for Delivery today- WoW!

You may get to enjoy them THIS WEEKEND - very cool!
    They arrived this afternoon! Had them set up by three o'clock and have been listening ever since' Just couldn't tear myself away to let anyone know. They arrived in perfect condition.No problems at all. They sound wonderful,just kind of disappear and let the music take over.Couldn't be happier. Thanks again Heather for all your hard work and agreeing to send them to me.

Regards,
    Joe

They arrived this afternoon! Had them set up by three o'clock and have been listening ever since' Just couldn't tear myself away to let anyone know. They arrived in perfect condition.No problems at all. They sound wonderful,just kind of disappear and let the music take over.Couldn't be happier. Thanks again Heather for all your hard work and agreeing to send them to me.

Regards,
    Joe
    Just glad to hear everything went so well (and so quickly!)
    Enjoy them, and ... try to get outside a little bit this weekend (grin) ...
    Worked out great for both of us - thanks for all your help as well!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

JBL 4645
    Well, all good fun must end ...

SO - I had them all summer, couldn't sell them in the DC market, so - its time to box them up and ship them off!

Just came home with $80 worth of tape, foam, and boxes!
    the pink foam comes in 2 x 8 foot sheets (can't fit the 4 x 8 footers in my CRV!) - so tape two pieces for a full size sheet, and start cutting out 16" wide strips
    Heather

Here’s a tip for next time!

Ask any good shop for cardboard they have planet of it at the back in small and large sheets!

Just fold the cardboard over several times to make the same thickness as the (pink foam stuff).

Tape well that’s not going to cost much now is it.

Cardboard! Lots of it! And lots of it they don’t mind giving it away as long as they can get rid of it.

This will reduce the cost of you’re shipping by many dollars$$$! Remember cardboard! Then tape it up strong as houses!

Use gaffer tape to make it tight and secure, that will keep the cardboard it its place! The new buyer is going have to use a Stanley Knife to open it up

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Heather

Here’s a tip for next time!

Ask any good shop for cardboard they have planet of it at the back in small and large sheets!

Frankly, The only big speaker you have is the 4645 sub - the rest are Control somethings, right?
    My impression is you have NEVER even owned, nor shipped large speakers,
    so you have no FIRST HAND experience with shipping big heavy speakers.

Have you EVER shipped LARGE speakers like JBL 4310, L100, L100T ??
    I shipped 4310s to California - coast to coast, all the way across the USA, with no problems.
    I shipped L100 speakers from here to Florida with no problem.
    I shipped the L100T buyer in the thread here, and the buyer in the thread below
    said the speakers I shipped him were fine when he unpacked them.

I have SUCCESSFULLY shipped all 3 systems using the method I showed and
    gotten praise and compliments from the folks at the receiving end.
    Its effective, it works, and its not that hard - just a bit time consuming.
    Other people on the Lansing list have used the same kind of method and also had good luck.

Why in the WORLD would we use shoddy techniques like layered CARDBOARD and risk damage to speakers like that?? ...
    Just to save a couple bucks on packing materials?? Absurd!

These are Valuable speakers - certainly worth 2 inches of stiff foam all around to protect them!

Reminds me of when I shipped my speakers that I built all the way across Canada. They weighed in at 350lbs each. I put them on a pallet.
    I agree about using the foam. I have always shipped any electronics in a box lined with 2" builders styrofoam and a sealed plastic bag. Also it is very easy to make indendations for drivers and such in the foam. I also make sure that there is absolutely no room for the product to move around in the box.

When i shipped my speakers I put them in sealed plastic bags. Used tuct tape to seal the bag and then put foam around them and inbetween. I then framed the bottom with 2x4's so they dont move around. Then Built a plywood box around them.

JBL 4645
    ^^What the heck is that a refrigerator.

Regards,
    Joe
    Yeah, and crazy me, I just bought another pair of them last weekend!
    Got them as side surrounds in the TV room, but wow - such great bass and sound ...
    Cabinets are really clean on them too!
    I haven't had the crossovers tweaked on this pair,
    but the previous owner did have them refoamed.

Yeah, and crazy me, I just bought another pair of them last weekend!
    Got them as side surrounds in the TV room, but wow - such great bass and sound ...
    Cabinets are really clean on them too!
    I haven't had the crossovers tweaked on this pair,
    but the previous owner did have them refoamed.
    And so, it begins again...Nice score! Looking good and very JBL in there!

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

why did you get a 2nd set? you weren't over the top about the 1st pair

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    why did you get a 2nd set? you weren't over the top about the 1st pair

Mark
    Well, the price was very good, and - I'm using this pair differently than I did the first set.

The previous set I got I tried to use as the primary speakers on the upstairs system -
    but when I tried the last set, I had been spoiled by the bigger 3 way L200-plus system,
    and for me, the 100Ts don't compare to the big 3ways. But the L100Ts DO make very nice side surround speakers
    (certainly better bass that the L20T or L20T3s!) - plus, they have pretty reasonable resale value ...
    If I had the room on the back wall, I'd consider another set or rear surrounds - but - no room!
    Rears in that room pretty much have to be wall or ceiling mounted!

And, if the truth be told, money was a lot tighter when I sold the last set!

Other than the 250s, Why do you have the sets you have??

I originially was going to collect the whole TI series hoping I could use tem in a HT setup w/similar voiceing.

I was surprised that you bought a set of any speakers, didn't like and then bought them again.

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    I was surprised that you bought a set of any speakers, didn't like and then bought them again.
    I've kept many speakers I didn't like . . . as much as others I own! It's all relative.

I don't like the L5s . . . as much as the L7s but I still love their sound and in certain applications they're even better suited than the big guys.

I suppose I don't really like the L80Ts . . . as much as my L96, even though I've done the T3 conversions to all four of them. I still like the sound and will probably pass them on to my kids when they have their own places big enough for a "real" stereo.

I know I don't like my 030s . . . as much as my 4345s, but then we've lived together nearly all our lives and they can still kick. And the memories . . . !
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Yep, I had great pair of S38 IIs, and a miserable pair!
    ... what was different? Darned if I know, but I won't try again.

L60Ts - nope, no need for them again, yuck!

At some point I'll probably sell off 1 pair of the L20T3 -
    I prefer their woodgrain better than the L1 finish, they play quite nice,
    both pairs are perfect, but I don't need a spare pair of them anymore!

Thread Information