Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looky What I Just Got - JBL L100T - One owner!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Same "shrinkage" between the L80t and the L80T3. I suppose that's why Gordon suggests stuffing the top of the cabinet with more insulation on the T-model.

L80T: 33.5 x 14 x 11.75D
    L80T3: 32 x 12.75 x 12.12D
    what sort of glue would you attach that insulation to whats already there? speaking of, I noted some of the side insulation on my L100T's is hanging partially detached... presumably the same answer, but, what sort of glue would be best?

Quote Originally Posted by pierce View Post
    what sort of glue would you attach that insulation to whats already there? speaking of, I noted some of the side insulation on my L100T's is hanging partially detached... presumably the same answer, but, what sort of glue would be best?
    Home Depot sells the 3M 45 Spray Adhesive ... I've got some of that from redoing grills for my 4320s couple years back ... should work fine for the fiberglass/polyfiber type insulation ...

If I was to add the thick pink foam type insulation to reduce the interior space, I'd do a shot of spray adhesive
    AND a sheetrock screw and fender washer to hold it to the inside. Measure carefull so you don't punch through the cabinet!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Heather's having fun.
    Out.

Well, all good fun must end ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Heather's having fun.
    SO - I had them all summer, couldn't sell them in the DC market, so - its time to box them up and ship them off!

Just came home with $80 worth of tape, foam, and boxes!
    the pink foam comes in 2 x 8 foot sheets (can't fit the 4 x 8 footers in my CRV!) - so tape two pieces for a full size sheet, and start cutting out 16" wide strips
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

I hope you've got something solid underneath that foam and your knife! Or are you just scoring and snapping?

So, who's the lucky new owner?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

So, who's the lucky new owner?
    That would be me!

Quote Originally Posted by JSF13 View Post
    That would be me!
    Lucky you! Great speakers. I don't know why someone hadn't scooped them up already.

I think the L100T/3 is a better choice than others you seemed to be considering. What are you listening to now?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Lucky you! Great speakers. I don't know why someone hadn't scooped them up already.

I think the L100T/3 is a better choice than others you seemed to be considering. What are you listening to now?
    Agreed! Up here in Canada we don't always have the variety to choose from so I was looking at what was available. However fortune smiled on me and Heather agreed to send these my way.

I have been listening to 4410's.

I had been watching those for awhile.

I have a habit of buying Heathers old stuff but I have 2 sets in the house and one on semi-permanent loan to a pal. I think the L100T and especially the L100T3 were some of the best non pro oriented JBL ever sold.

I think the new owner will be pleased.
    4406, 4412A, L100, L100t3 (3 pair), L1, L7, 4645C, 4660A, 4695B, SR4735 and various DIY JBL Pro loaded systems.

Quote Originally Posted by JSF13 View Post
    Agreed! Up here in Canada we don't always have the variety to choose from so I was looking at what was available. However fortune smiled on me and Heather agreed to send these my way.

I have been listening to 4410's.
    Now if Customs will be kind, and not remove all the foam packing I am carefully building for these, we will both be happy with the outcome!

Anyway, with luck I'll get this done over the holidays and have it ready to ship after work Tuesday. I'm going to try this UPS White Glove treatment I read about on AKarma recently - for an extra fee its basically handled better than the usual box tossing chimps approach ... Anyway, I'll see if its even available for US -> Canada shipping.

Edit - after 5PM
    Had a chance to cut some more stiff foam after work, and start wrapping one of the speakers - 1 inch foam all around, with a 2 inch layer over the drivers - a small hole cut out of the first layer over the TI screen, so it doesn't get mashed.
    Next I need to do the same for the other speaker, then get them (each) into a doublewall cardboard box - but this seems pretty rugged to start with.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Insure them for a high amount

A fiend of mine that had his own business, would insure things for double what they were worth. UPS would take extra care so they didn't have to pay insurance claims.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Now if Customs will be kind, and not remove all the foam packing I am carefully building for these, we will both be happy with the outcome!
    I bought a bunch of hi-fi stuff from Canada. It was packed nicely in foam, and sent through the Canadian Post. It arrived untouched, unopened, and was delivered to my door in fine shape by my local post office. Weird. Hope it works as well in reverse!

A pair of T3 just sold here for $100 off CL. I was really tempted but too many speakers. They needed foam and little else from what I could tell.

Anyway, with luck I'll get this done over the holidays and have it ready to ship after work Tuesday. I'm going to try this UPS White Glove treatment I read about on AKarma recently - for an extra fee its basically handled better than the usual box tossing chimps approach ... Anyway, I'll see if its even available for US -> Canada shipping.

Edit - after 5PM
    Had a chance to cut some more stiff foam after work, and start wrapping one of the speakers - 1 inch foam all around, with a 2 inch layer over the drivers - a small hole cut out of the first layer over the TI screen, so it doesn't get mashed.
    Next I need to do the same for the other speaker, then get them (each) into a doublewall cardboard box - but this seems pretty rugged to start with.

Awesome job Heather!

...for an extra fee its basically handled better than the usual box tossing chimps approach ...

That was a pretty funny line, Heather...and so true. I got a good belly laugh out of it.

Thread Information