Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looky What I Just Got - JBL L100T - One owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    I was thinking the 8" & under crowd for ease of transport/setup/comparo.
    That still includes the L5. Cool. Heather and I can always do the "Fifty-Dollar-JBL" L80T/L100T comparo at another time, unless she gets bored with them before that happens.

I can contribute: L1, L20T, LX22, and L5s. Go to 10" and my recent L96 and L80T can play. A lot depends on whose hospitality we're abusing.

I also have two pairs of Crown PS-200 and PS-400 amps that are easily accessible to transport without disassembling my main bi-amp system if that would help. Or the Soundcraftsmen Pro-Power-Four which actually has speaker switching for two pairs built-in off dual-banana plugs and might make two-pair-at-a-time comparisons very simple.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Well, I've got the L100Ts and L200-3ways on the A/B speaker switch of the Yamaha receiver - interesting comparison! If I move the Poang chairs out we can audition in the living room - with the bookshelves and the cathedral ceiling its a nice music room ...

And John - my cost is up to $80 now - I bought the Rick Cobb kit for the 2214Hs ... and I may spend EVEN MORE if I get the crossovers upgraded to T3 spec (apparently HIGHLY recommended) - unless I can work out a barter/swap thingee ...

Plus I have the Carver C-1 preamp not yet mounted anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    That still includes the L5. Cool. Heather and I can always do the "Fifty-Dollar-JBL" L80T/L100T comparo at another time, unless she gets bored with them before that happens.

I can contribute: L1, L20T, LX22, and L5s. Go to 10" and my recent L96 and L80T can play. A lot depends on whose hospitality we're abusing.

I also have two pairs of Crown PS-200 and PS-400 amps that are easily accessible to transport without disassembling my main bi-amp system if that would help. Or the Soundcraftsmen Pro-Power-Four which actually has speaker switching for two pairs built-in off dual-banana plugs and might make two-pair-at-a-time comparisons very simple.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I have 18ti, 20t3, 20t (dup from above), 120 are small enough, dahlquist 28 have 8" in them for woofers, an adcom gfa 555 not hookd up,adcom something 400 pre, also not hooked up but most of all can't forget Minimus 7s !! and a set of dahlquist somethings Minimus 7 clones, 3 way!

Pick and choose from list and a few weeks warning and i am there or I am willing to have the group over
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    I have 18ti, 20t3, 20t (dup from above), 120 are small enough, dahlquist 28 have 8" in them for woofers, an adcom gfa 555 not hookd up,adcom something 400 pre, also not hooked up but most of all can't forget Minimus 7s !! and a set of dahlquist somethings Minimus 7 clones, 3 way!

Pick and choose from list and a few weeks warning and i am there or I am willing to have the group over
    On the amp side I've got two of the 4-ch Adcoms, two integrated amps with A/B outputs on bananas (the Nakamichi even switches from the remote!), plus some 12-channel amps (6 pair) that can bus one input to all outputs. Hmmm...

Very curious to hear L96 and 18Ti and L5s, too.

If you go up to $75 per pair, that would cover every one of my JBLs, actually (actual purchase price, not repair/refurb price). If you stay at $50/pair, that knocks out one of my sets of L46s and one set of L100s.

je

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    Very curious to hear L96 and 18Ti and L5s, too.
    L5s qualify as "Eight-inch-and-under". You'd have to expand that to 10" to get the L96 to play, and then it'd probably bring along its little brother, L80T. All fine with me. I have to clean out the van anyway to bring daughter #2 home from college. Sounds like fun.

I'm sure this is providing scintillating reading for most of the LH family.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

L5s qualify as "Eight-inch-and-under". You'd have to expand that to 10" to get the L96 to play, and then it'd probably bring along its little brother, L80T. All fine with me. I have to clean out the van anyway to bring daughter #2 home from college. Sounds like fun.

We had plenty of positive feedback after our last one, no? Maybe this time we'll take better notes on the beer-tasting and garlic dips for higher scintitillation factor.

je

Heckamundo!! They better be takin' notes!
    These are honest-to-by-gawd JBL speaker testin' and beer festin' come-together meetings! Its not some virtual speaker test fest with pie charts and stuff - its the real deal, and we have an official listening party CD!
    Heck, I think we're split between 15 inch owners and 18 inch owners!

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Or just making us wish we had "cool" friends who lived local and had lots of JBL gear to do shoot outs with.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    Or just making us wish we had "cool" friends who lived local and had lots of JBL gear to do shoot outs with.
    Heather's about 125 miles from me, but it's been "local" enough for us to visit each other a few times.

Phil's just over the mountains, but I've only gotten him to meet me when there's been bagels involved!

je

and where am I (feeling left out!) I am even a little further than Heather.

I will be happy to have anyone here stop be and listen to my systems when they are in the DC area. And when I make make next trip to KC in MO I hope I can get some invites on the way, ST Louis has some members w/interesting stuff off the top of my head and others. I also sometime head towards Charlotte NC if anybody along the way or in NC wants to speak up please do

Going to listening parties I expect to enjoy the sounds and hope to enjoy the company, so far so good!

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    and where am I (feeling left out!) I am even a little further than Heather.

Going to listening parties I expect to enjoy the sounds and hope to enjoy the company, so far so good!

Mark
    Yeah, Mark has a nice place - its not at all the inner city like some have said - its delightfully close and yet wooded! Plus he has a nicely diverse collection of speakers to compare, included a B460 and another sub with that legendary 18" JBL Woofer! Plus he just a fun guy ...

And if its not rush hour, he's only maybe 35 minutes from us ... just off the Beltway once you hit MD!

Pulling the crossovers for a T3 Upgrade

laid the speakers out tonight so I could pull the crossovers and ship them off to be upgraded to t3 specs ...
    and, of course, the inspector came around when I went for paper to take notes on the wiring ...

Seems Teddy was too tired so Dolly pitched in for him!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A pity I didn't have the L100Ts when I was doing the L20T L60T comparisons ...
    Sold the L60Ts, as well as the S-38s sideways on the L200s,
    but I still have the L20Ts (and the L200s) ...

Other info: I found in the Library and I took a tape measure to my L100Ts

L100T3 specs 35 3/8" tall x 14 1/2" wide x 13" deepl.
    My L100T size - 35 1/2" tall x 16" wide x 13 1/4" deep (base adds 1" height)
    (L100TBQ sized the same according to the brochure in the Library)

I wonder if gluing stiff pink formboard to the inside would help?
    Its firm, doesn't really give much and wouldn't add much extra weight ...
    (plus, its easier to get in the woofer hole than wood boards would be!)

Also, see - Duaneage's L100T vs L100T3 comparison and DIY Thread ...

Same "shrinkage" between the L80t and the L80T3. I suppose that's why Gordon suggests stuffing the top of the cabinet with more insulation on the T-model.

L80T: 33.5 x 14 x 11.75D
    L80T3: 32 x 12.75 x 12.12D

Thread Information