Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looky What I Just Got - JBL L100T - One owner!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPie View Post
    That was a pretty funny line, Heather...and so true. I got a good belly laugh out of it.
    Thanks - I just had the visual stuck in my head from those old American Tourister TV ads ...
    with the chimps tossing suitcases ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ZeIoLz8FE&NR=1
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

If you haven't experieced some of their best work you would be amazed.I sent a 14-1 woofer to Arizona in a metal box in anohter box to a fellow forum member, so mangled the frame was trashed, nothing useable.

this white glove service, needed as it is, seems to be like strong arm money for the mob! Same w/th Accident forgiveness from the insurance companies...but I am going OT.

Hope for the best , certainly she is doing her part (as always)

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    If you haven't experieced some of their best work you would be amazed.I sent a 14-1 woofer to Arizona in a metal box in anohter box to a fellow forum member, so mangled the frame was trashed, nothing useable.

this white glove service, needed as it is, seems to be like strong arm money for the mob! Same w/th Accident forgiveness from the insurance companies...but I am going OT.

Hope for the best , certainly she is doing her part (as always)

Mark
    Yeah, but we missed a bet - insuring speakers for $5,000 ($50 cost) just to be sure they get there is one thing, but, with a Canadian shipment, if I place the value that high, the buyer gets hammered with import duties!

ARRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Now if Customs will be kind, and not remove all the foam packing I am carefully building for these, we will both be happy with the outcome!
    Yeah, good luck with that! As a minimum, they will likely open one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    As a minimum, they will likely open one up.
    yup..I sent 2 pallets of assorted gear to Australia ...after customs got through...all boxes from 1 pallet were opened and scattered...the 2nd pallet was untouched.

really glad the boxes were numbered and manifested.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I've never really had a problem with the few shipments I have received cross-border via UPS. My last shipment was a pair of 4410's from Atlanta and I don't think they opened either of the boxes. If they did you couldn't tell. Both speakers arrived in excellent condition.

Same experience with various amps,preamps,tuners,etc. before that. Guess I've been lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by JSF13 View Post
    Agreed! Up here in Canada we don't always have the variety to choose from so I was looking at what was available. However fortune smiled on me and Heather agreed to send these my way.

Here is an example of what I mean.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/detai...649-jbl_l100t/

Here is an example of what I mean.
    And you didn't jump all over those, why?

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    And you didn't jump all over those, why?

Jealous??
    How many professionally carpeted speakers do YOU own?

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    How many professionally carpeted speakers do YOU own?
    NONE! But I spent way too much time repairing, modifying, and doing maintenance on a few last week. They're probably up right now at the American Music Festival at Virginia Beach on 17th St. providing SR for Bill Deal's Rhondels last night, Pure Prairie League and Firefall tonight, Lonestar tomorrow, and others even as I type.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Final Stage of packing

Dang - spent a good part of today doing the boxing - When the heck IS Boxing Day, anyway?

Okay, boxed the second L100T up just like the first one I did, then its time to box up the grills -
    there's no way I'd leave them on the cabinets to get crushed en route - so -
    I used some of the spare foam sheet cut offs to make a board and pushed the grill pins through to locate them -
    off set them a bit in height so the pins are away from each other. Kind of a grilled foam sandwich!
    Then take some other foam and make a case around them.

For what its worth - with double layer of foam across the speaker faces, and those extra grill packing,
    I pretty well used up 4 complete sheets of 2ft x 8 ft 1 inch foamboard, plus pretty near 3 rolls of wide packing tape!
    I bought 2 of the heavy duty boxes with the aluminum bar for hanging clothes (didn't use the bars),
    just to have the beefier cardboard boxes for the speakers themselves. Bought two smaller boxes for the grills,
    but only needed one - materials were a bit shy of $80, my labour - maybe 6 hours total .
    But L100Ts are fairly large speakers - and probably the largest speakers I'd attempt to ship this way.

With any luck I can get them by UPS to ship on Tuesday
    (closed today and they're off Monday due to the US Labour Day Holiday ...)
    Then its up to the border and to Customs
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Hopefully you won't have to wait until Heaven to receive your reward!

Nice, careful, thoughtful, devoted work.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Hopefully you won't have to wait until Heaven to receive your reward!

Nice, careful, thoughtful, devoted work.

Yes, you are an Angel!

Well they're on the way.Thanks again Heather!!!

UPS is quoting a delivery date of Sept. 14 which I find highly optimistic.

Keep you posted.

Joe

Edit. I just checked the tracking no's and it looks like they are in Canada already.

I just checked the tracking no's and it looks like they are in Canada already.
    If I can drive there in a day, UPS can, too! I order car tires on line at three in the afternoon and they show up from Delaware via UPS the next morning before 10am. Some things actually work as they're supposed to. Luckily UPS can bounce tires around all they want and not hurt them.

Thread Information