Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LE10H-1 surrounds

Quote Originally Posted by infinityQ2 View Post
    Like I mentioned in my 1st post he attached the surrounds to the front.I just double checked and they seem tight both on the cone and basket. I might have to find a new hobby if this ship keeps up, or follow the advice given by KT88lover.

Do you know if the L65 surrounds are supposed to be attached to the back, thankfully they work fine.
    Make one attempt to give them the chance to make it right, to YOUR satisfaction, and if they do not, or try and blow you off, then go straight to small claims.

Sue for the total cost of a re-cone job. They will argue that they are only responsible for the work they did and that the voice coil, motor etc could have already had troubles brewing (you know they will). (The judge will definitely ask you how you arrived at the amount. Just explain it; don't be intimidated.)

But that's BS unless they had you sign off (or spoke to you on the subject) on potential hidden damages or a preexisting condition when you picked up your drivers. Even that is a weak argument with a good judge: "well then why did you perform a repair and take payment for it if the item being repaired was already inoperable"? Understand me? You will win.
    I don't know all the nuances of consumer law in your state with regard to the awarding of damages, but YOUR argument in small claims should be "good faith".
    I assume that when you went to pick your speakers up and paid them their price you were fully expecting your transducers to be in good, if not top, operating condition.
    In fact, I know it. Stand your ground and "tell it to the judge".
    They broke your shit. Make them pay.
    I'm so sick and tired of half ass workmanship and disregard for quality in this country I could scream.
    Get busy.
    Let us know how it turns out.

Jim

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by KT88Lover View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of half ass workmanship and disregard for quality in this country I could scream.
    Isn't it amazing? And we used to be so damn good at what we did. Pity.

They killed off all the tradesmen and craftsmen in this country for a quick buck and now we're just a raped husk. What's really weird is how many times a day I hear this and yet no one wants to actually raise hell about it. We've grown awfullly complacent. Honestly though? The people all around me seem tired, worn out and depressed. Morale is totally shot. Maybe it's just a rust-belt thing...

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post

They killed off all the tradesmen and craftsmen in this country for a quick buck and now we're just a raped husk. What's really weird is how many times a day I hear this and yet no one wants to actually raise hell about it. We've grown awfullly complacent. Honestly though? The people all around me seem tired, worn out and depressed. Morale is totally shot. Maybe it's just a rust-belt thing...
    Does any of you know someone at JBL that I can tell what their JBL Authorized service center is doing???????

Nope - you raise hell about it and you are either a crank or a bitch - being proactive about getting your rights makes you an annoyance to their business process!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Does any of you know someone at JBL that I can tell what their JBL Authorized service center is doing???????
    Grow a pair, and force their hand (the shop that hacked your drivers) to make you whole again, OR just take it and "like it".

Looking for a third party solution is NOT the answer, it's part of the problem, along with the decline of the American work ethic as mentioned above.

Even IF JBL made some gesture on your behalf, that's not holding accountable the party that is actually responsible. I seriously doubt JBL will pull their plug unless you are one of hundreds.

This is one of the times when it's right and indicated to take matters into your own hands and not go running to tell the teacher.

Jim

Yep, I hear you Brother. People are so pacified with that digital narcotic goin' round, that they don't seem to mind trading tomorrow for today.

Stoned impotence.

But it IS costing us; from the White House to the out house. "Industries" have grown out of folks not being able to carry on their own business, but we have to IMPORT bath towels and red peppers. "Consumer help hot line, how may we assist you today"?

And everybody's lovin' it, all the "great" deals and all......

Sometimes I just want to cry. It's a real drag.

Jim

Like I mentioned in my 1st post he attached the surrounds to the front.I just double checked and they seem tight both on the cone and basket. I might have to find a new hobby if this ship keeps up, or follow the advice given by KT88lover.

Do you know if the L65 surrounds are supposed to be attached to the back, thankfully they work fine.
    All it takes is small section of the surround that is not glued to cause the crack/flap noise.

Good luck on what ever choice you make.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    All it takes is small section of the surround that is not glued to cause the crack/flap noise.

Good luck on what ever choice you make.

Larry
    Larry I may have found the problem, as a wrote earlier he didn't use a 10" surround. He used a larger one, cut and seemed it. I thought it was tight but after poking around I found it open just a bit. Will glue and let you know. Hope this is it. I'm putting up some pics of his handy work, form my cell phone, not so clear, Mike.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Obsolete
    Larry I may have found the problem, as a wrote earlier he didn't use a 10" surround. He used a larger one, cut and seemed it.
    Oh for crying out loud!

I'm putting up some pics of his handy work, form my cell phone, not so clear, Mike.
    The pics may not be clear, but I'm sorry, it certainly is that this guy does shitty work. As has been gently suggested earlier in this thread, you need to take direct action with the "tech" (and I use that word as loosely as the pictured surround is fitted.)

Oh, and no offense, but WTF are you doing gluing this gaping breach in the surround??? Do you really think that's going to get you anywhere even close to factory performance? Should you have to do that after you paid for service? For fuck's sake man, take the damned things back and get them fixed, or better yet, go get your effin money back and take them to the other shop mentioned earlier in this thread since clearly this doucebag is incapable of anything even remotely resembling quality or precision work.

- Mike

What's that fishy smell? Does anyone smell fish or is it just me?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    The pics may not be clear, but I'm sorry, it certainly is that this guy does shitty work. As has been gently suggested earlier in this thread, you need to take direct action with the "tech" (and I use that word as loosely as the pictured surround is fitted.)

Oh, and no offense, but WTF are you doing gluing this gaping breach in the surround??? Do you really think that's going to get you anywhere even close to factory performance? Should you have to do that after you paid for service? For fuck's sake man, take the damned things back and get them fixed, or better yet, go get your effin money back and take them to the other shop mentioned earlier in this thread since clearly this doucebag is incapable of anything even remotely resembling quality or precision work.

- Mike

Yeah, but he used shims!

Jim

Was the receipt made out using crayons on butcher paper?
    ...an extremely pathetic example of near zero or poor training and workmanship,
    ...or give-a-shitmanship. Good luck getting a satisfactory response. wow.

Does anyone smell fish or is it just me?
    No, not at all

Yeah, but he used shims!
    Oh, well in THAT case...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Was the receipt made out using crayons on butcher paper?
    ...an extremely pathetic example of near zero or poor training and workmanship,
    ...or give-a-shitmanship. Good luck getting a satisfactory response. wow.
    What receipt???? CASH...

Thread Information