Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Summit Project.

Easy Big Boy !

Mac,

I'll start the grills Monday. I want to assemble the other L300 today and have tomorrow off

I was talking to Saeman about grill construction . I will post some pics of the grill build .

BTW thanks, Rich

Crikey I'm Speechless!

Wow!!!!

They look fantastic. With exams on Wed, I'm unable to get up to see them until end of the next week. Can't wait!

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing the grills.

JMc

Summit Grills

For Mac,

I'm gonna charge ka-zillions next time I make a pair of these. Better still ! once is enough

rich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow!

Your talent, care, workmanship, and skill is quite evident and impressive. Nice work!

Thanks for sharing.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

8< )))))

Nifty !!!!

quick update

Finally had the opportunity to visit Rich last Friday to catch up on the L300 project. They look fantastic, veneer is getting darker and darker by the day. However this paled into insignificance when we played some music. Brought some “tunes” along for reference and they l300s literally took my breath away, sounded better than I ever could have imagined.
    Well an hour and a half later of sonic bliss, Rich suggested powering up the 4345s with the l300s. Words fail me, been a long time since I’ve heard such a LARGE sound, literally a wall of sound!!
    Birthday is on the way in August and wife has promised to get me a new amp for the little beauties.
    Best
    JMc

The end is near

Rich we need some ' beauty' pictures of these once they are complete.

will do !

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Rich we need some ' beauty' pictures of these once they are complete.
    thanks for your support and input Mr Mac,

Update... Wow1

Rich has finished the grills and they look real good. Spent most of the yesteday with him talking amps and stuff, such a wealth of knowledge. He has many suggestions and I now feel that soon ( very soon) I may be in position to make a decision.

Oh, and have just acquired a nice 2245h, in immaculate condition but needs a new surround. Rich and I discussed "how low do you wanna go".... Hmm more on this later.

In the meantime here's two pictures, which are not brilliantly taken, but do show how the Summits are looking. FYI JBL badge now replaced with black one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I thought i saw some Aquarius in the background

Whose are those then ? I know a lot of diehards sneer at those but as ever in the right room they are a lot of fun and a HUGE WAF. I never tried them with a sub but I bet that that could be made to work well. I take it Rich titivated those also. Whats wrong with purple , white is sooooo 60's

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Whose are those then ? I know a lot of diehards sneer at those but as ever in the right room they are a lot of fun and a HUGE WAF. I never tried them with a sub but I bet that that could be made to work well. I take it Rich titivated those also. Whats wrong with purple , white is sooooo 60's
    A pair of S109 Aquarius, if you look back at one of the earlier pics there's one photo with them in the background sporting their "original paintwork".

In white, and in the flesh, they look stunning and I agree a huge WAF. Rich is still working on them, the le8ts need new foam surrounds. The sub will work with the Summits, the Aq's are for the breakfast room, which is of course white. If I had gone purple the mother in law would love me forever, her favourite colour being purple of course. She once painted most of the outside of their house that very colour.... but that's another story

Glad to see your deal with Rich went nicely.
    I wish it was the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Glad to see your deal with Rich went nicely.
    I wish it was the same for me.
    Too right.

+1

Thread Information