Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a JBL expert!

christcomesaliv

I need a JBL expert!

Hello everyone. I need a JBL expert. I have acquired what looks to be original blue prints for a JBL C55 loudspeaker. I am not familiar with this speaker. They have several dates ranging from 1954-1964. Lots of notes written on the prints. There are several revision copies. Does anyone know what these things could be? Value? I will try to post some pictures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by christcomesaliv View Post
    Hello everyone. I need a JBL expert. I have acquired what looks to be original blue prints for a JBL C55 loudspeaker. I am not familiar with this speaker. They have several dates ranging from 1954-1964. Lots of notes written on the prints. There are several revision copies. Does anyone know what these things could be? Value? I will try to post some pictures soon.
    Blue prints from some old obsolete speaker? I mean, they haven't made those things in years ... much better ones are available now.
    Do any actual speaker parts come with them, or is it just the prints?

Watch ebay for a while and see what they get for blueprints?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Interesting that there is sod all under Google image under JBL C55 expect JBL ENO and PRX515. However results under Google main page might seem promising if a needle in haystack means anything?

I did however found this thread on JBL C55 that was posted recently
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=248231

God damn, you could try loads of keywords to see if such blueprint plans do exist or many other keyword combinations.

What about over on Audiokarma? Is it likely that someone has information?

He doesn't have any speakers for sale, its just blueprints ...
    Here, let me google it for you ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JBL+C55

Its a big old dual bass horn -
    i'm pretty sure Subwoof has talked about building speakers like them ...

but the price value of the blueprint??
    I wouldn't think there's much of a market for that - I think the plans are easy enough to find ...
    we found all this stuff with just a moment or two looking ...

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

Watch ebay for a while and see what they get for blueprints?
    There is this but it seems like shooting in dark, for blueprints?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/JBL-1959-VINT...QQcmdZViewItem

JBL 4645
    He doesn't have any speakers for sale, its just blueprints ...
    Just google the darned things ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=JBL+C55

Its a big old dual bass horn -
    i'm pretty sure Subwoof has talked about building speakers like them ...

but the price value of the blueprint?? Wouldn't think there's much of a market for that - I think the plans are easy enough to find ...
    I see so that’s what it looks like.

Looks like bass cab to me, is it vented horn bass cab?

What about this site then in the achieve section, or is it too early for anything in the likes of blueprints or other?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Well they look to be worth in £pounds or $dollars, I’d say at least, but where talk rare here,
    so I’d have to put it down at $250 to $300 each! I guess someone will load it with newer JBL bass driver like JBL 2235?

Ash, you are just not getting the point,
    they are not speakers or CABINETS, they are just blueprints!
    Not pieces of WOOD but pieces of PAPER.

And he didn't say he wanted to give them to the site library,
    its the same old same old, he wants to sell them - he wants to know what they are worth?

So what are they worth TO YOU??
    Not worth anything to me - I've got nice woofers ...
    and I've seen plans for speakers like these around,
    I'm just not a box builder so I never grabbed a set.

JBL 4645
    Your just not getting the point, he didn't want to give them to the site library, wants to sell them - he wants to know what they are worth?
    So what are they worth TO YOU??
    Not worth anything to me - I've got nice woofers ...

Okay I’m on the page now. I was right they are vented horn type.

Well they look to be worth in £pounds or $dollars, I’d say at least, but where talk rare here, so I’d have to put it down at $250 to $300 each! I guess someone will load it with newer JBL bass driver like JBL 2235?

Bugger that’s a different picture sorry, it looked like I found it on this site.

JBL 4645
    What the devil is this someone is flogging it off at $15.00 dollars?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/JBL-4520-Rear-Loaded-Horn-Speaker-Plans-Scoop-C55_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ310112807265

This auction is for a copy of an original set of plans to build a JBL 4520 / C55 Bass-Scoop Rear Loaded Horn.
    The plans are six (7) pages (8 x 11) with a assembly instructions and are in a report cover for protection.
    This is a rear loaded horn for dual 15 inch drivers.( JBL recomends D130B, 150-4C, or Pro 2205C drivers.)

This is a thirteen-foot horn with maximum loading to 42Hz. uniform response to 50Hz, usable to 30Hz.
    Above 150Hz, the low frequency drivers acts as direct radiators.
    Dimensions of the cabinet are: 44"H x 36"W x 30"D.
    FREE SHIPPING TO USA AND CANADA (international buyers pay actual shipping)

I have acquired what looks to be original blue prints for a JBL C55 loudspeaker.
    How did you acquire them? Is there some specific provenance that would actually make them worth anything at all?

Does anyone know what these things could be?
    I thought we established that they were blueprints earlier in the post?

Value?
    Whatever someone is willing to pay for them, which I'm going to guess is about $10-$20, provided they're not actual corporate JBL engineering/manufacturing blueprints, in which case they might have collector value for someone (thus my earlier question re: provenance.)

I will try to post some pictures soon.
    Good idea - in fact, why not do it now and avoid about 20 more posts like this speculating on what in the hell exactly it is you have???

Best,
    - framptoncomesaliv

What the devil is this someone is flogging it off at $15.00 dollars?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/JBL-4520-Rear-Loaded-Horn-Speaker-Plans-Scoop-C55_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ310112807265

This auction is for a copy of an original set of plans to build a JBL 4520 / C55 Bass-Scoop Rear Loaded Horn.
    The plans are six (7) pages (8 x 11) with a assembly instructions and are in a report cover for protection.
    This is a rear loaded horn for dual 15 inch drivers.( JBL recomends D130B, 150-4C, or Pro 2205C drivers.)
    So, maybe thats what they are worth - $15 or $20, like Mike said ...

JBL 4645
    So, maybe thats what they are worth - $15 or $20, like Mike said ...
    Seems a bit low doesn’t it. Well I guess that price they’ll sale like hotcakes.

For just plans??? I mean, all you're getting here is a couple of pieces of paper telling you how to build speakers that are over 4-5 decades old? I think $20 is pretty reasonable...

P.S., again, provided they're not actual original corporate blueprints that have some specific collector/niche appeal

Seems a bit low doesn’t it. Well I guess that price they’ll sale like hotcakes.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    For just plans??? I mean, all you're getting here is a couple of pieces of paper telling you how to build speakers that are over 4-5 decades old? I think $20 is pretty reasonable...

P.S., again, provided they're not actual original corporate blueprints that have some specific collector/niche appeal
    I even tried “JBL C55 pdf” and got sod all if there was pdf blueprints file that would be neat.

I guess you haven’t seen Judge Judy show, where one person was on trail for sending an eBay user not a mobile phone for few hundred $dollars but a f59king piece of paper! Now that takes the piss. LOL

I’d look and look around for possible pdf file at last its free to view or save and then you can take it from there on building it.

For all you know its probably a colour photo copy. If I was sending anything like that off I’d sale it for what it would cost in weight. If it’s the only one I have then I wouldn’t sale it at any cost.

eBay has some really shifty dodgy buggers on the site. sigh

They aren't worth anything really. They aren't as valuable as the materials required to build them. If these were speakers that were sought after perhaps someone would consider building them and thus would need the plans. Without the demand there isn't any value. Hope that helps.

Thread Information