Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silent fan on Crown MA3600VZ

...fishing anyone?

...Jeez, do those worms glow? After you Zap em'? This could be a new industry!

Damn you subwoof!!!

I can't help myself, I must have one! 220V single phase please. I will supply my own welding cable.

I don't have a problem, I can quit any time I want... Yeah right.

Buzz box lincoln welder with crown faceplate!

I really want to fly to your shop and play. You have some really fun stuff!!!
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

dazed and confused

I am aiming for the several small species of furry creatures ( that gathered together in a cave and are grooving with a pict ) that tunnel and destroy the grass.

Well the worms come up all right but sometimes don't live too long.

When I was a kid my father had an old hand crank generator and at 4AM on the golf course it was not fun. If you didn't get enough worms, *you* didn't live long either.

And that's why I could care less about fishing. My great-great grandfather did it with dynamite in the mohawk river in the 30's.

My father would be downstream with a net to catch one of 3 species:

Large mouth Bass
    Small mouth Bass

And for the lucky few near the boom, No mouth Bass.

chummy..

...OOHHHooo ! ....

.... An' ere' We GOoooo......!!!
    Nuttin' like fishin' wit gwo wurms!
    An' lisnen' tu good moosik!!!!

Hail Thee' Pos Monuos on High! .....
    Nuttin' like Massive Crowns and the Throne!
    Kneel .. before me Plebe ! and answer to me .. NOW!
    And put your ear to the dirt and tell me......
    ...What's your favorite color? ..What's your mother's maiden nickname? What's the psycho-socio-pleametomic background of ego-consciousness, in an autonomic and independently controlled subconscience ego complex , exhibited in the behaviors within partial personalities in unity of conscience, with an extent to the" Father Complex" ??? What Db is exhibited?
    Answer swiftly commoner !!!

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide

JBL 4645
    Wouldn’t they be best suited in another room isolated from the listening room/home cinema what ever?

.......Fred Flinstone on the label...!

.....ARF! .. HE SED!

Let me jump in here kind of late to say again....do not alter the fan in the MA3600 amp. The MA series indeed has a power transformer winding as part of the fan motor. I use MA3600's in my system and have an extra small fan on each rack helping draw the air out of the rack.

I was at the Crown service department a few years ago and they have big something model Tecron amps as a power supply on the benches. I guess it's fed with a 60hz sine wave and adjusted for the voltage output they need.

Mike Caldwell

Omgwtfbbq!!

sorry for the title, I had to, lol
    but seriously, unplug the fan!?! you bump your head or something, I own two crown cL-1 amps with the three stage fans which are used for my outdoor system. I have them in the pumphouse and yes, they can be a bit loud, but then, the music is outside, and secondly, the music is usually loud enough that you wouldnt hear the fans, yes TWO OF THEM anyways. lol.
    And on another note, might your warranty be in jeapordy after opening the case? Not that Im suggesting you dont know what your doin in there but thats usually a standard warranty clause.
    Oh yeah, hello to all, Im new here! And Im starting to ramble, so Ill end this now,
    Last edited by gwar; 03-28-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: BECAUSE I CAN!!
    ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA, ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

...Whoa! ..

Boy! Thanks for that bit of info...about the integrated fan motor. Nothings simple these days....everything is compacted, does three jobs using the same sub-structure....made in Asia-pa Kua toy Nou Tei, Instanistan... Stanly's Stan! ....who knows what they're (the production people and assemblers) there for, and ....my opinion, ....everything's gone to hell for the sake of $$. I've owned so many Crown amps (DC300's, IC 150's DC 150/90's, AC 9500's, DNF 75's, LST 10,000's; float me to a new battlefront-gig-home stereo stress relief 42's posture and whatever said Crown! ...I bought it without question. Like my tube amps...I want things simple, well laid out, and like a fine specimen of auto racing machinery....serviceable-modificational' on the fly, and ready available replacement or upgrade parts available now! I highly regard Crown even though they have been Corporated...and stand by without question their products but!!!

I have to add this....I don't need a warranty with a "Crown" Amp....It does it's job....always....almost forever! I will never buy the newer plug it in online or to my gigabox...looks like a space station inside..I don't need all those watts or gigidy do-dads! use efficient speakers and let a few watts cruise!

The Macro's were / are all made in good ole Indiana in the USA. The XLS series amps are imports. When they were introduced the MA 3600's were the big boys on the block for a two rack space amp size.

Mike Caldwell

Pancake fan

This has been my solution to Crown fan noise which has worked well for several weeks in a home setting.

The fan has a variable speed selector that can be adjusted based on how hard you are driving the amp. One indicator is placing your hand on the box to feel any heat. The XLS units assembled in Communist China run very cool with no heat at all at moderate levels, however.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

...another shot...

Anyway, I have three of the XLS 802s and only one unit seems to be thermally challenged with no fans.

I also saw some extra quiet computer fans on the Net that were the same dementions as stock and were mentioned above as possible candidates for replacement of the factory fans.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information