Thread: L112 Binding Posts

L112 Binding Posts

Does anybody know a good replacement for the binding posts on the back of the L112's? The old one's are flaky and intermittent...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tjrad View Post
    Does anybody know a good replacement for the binding posts on the back of the L112's? The old one's are flaky and intermittent...
    Most times folks are pointed toward the 5-way binding posts at Parts Express which require only a slight enlargement of existing holes. There are many from which to choose, these are the cheapest:

I'd be tempted to try the double-banana input-terminal cups from something like the L20-100T line if the existing connections aren't part of the crossover board on the L112. It would require perhaps a small bit of cutting of the rear panel but requires little precision, and gives the factory appearance of having the JBL logo cast into the plastic cup. Last time I checked they were something less than $4 from JBL Pro as the same ones are used on the 44xx series of near-field monitors. JBL part number is 66414. Parts Express sells something very similar (without the JBL logo, of course) for slightly less money.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I've got a number of the JBL terminal cups from my L60T speakers (and others) - I'd saved them for BMWCCA -
    but he upscaled on me and didn't need them!
    Thanks, but not so fast!! I still have a pair each of L112s and L150A's in my holding area awaiting re-foams. I was gonna use them there! Honest! Please??
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Thanks, but not so fast!! I still have a pair each of L112s and L150A's in my holding area awaiting re-foams. I was gonna use them there! Honest! Please??
    Okay, okay - Ive deleted the offer - I hadn't heard from you about them since you moved the 4345 crossovers into the cabs and thought you had no need for these lesser parts -
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Okay, okay - Ive deleted the offer - I hadn't heard from you about them since you moved the 4345 crossovers into the cabs and thought you had no need for these lesser parts -
    I've been busy working. Still haven't performed the crossover transplant to the second 4345 but I do have a complete refurbished pair of L80Ts complete with GordonW modifications to show for my time. They take up a lot less space to work on in a small house. Putting a 4345 on its back pretty well shoots the entire room for a while. Since my wife calls our living room as it is our "front hall" you probably get the idea of what I'm up against.

Out of town at the crack of dawn tomorrow, to SC, sigh! Business. Then to up-state (sort of) NY next Thursday if anyone in the Mid-Atlantic needs some help from a quasi LH pony express. I'm traveling on four-wheels (most of the time).

Thread Information